Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > B&H expansion

B&H expansion

Cynicor

I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.

And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding doors
just to their right.

Osirus

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:52:39 -0500, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
>the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
>HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
>like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
>the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
>
>And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
>trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding doors
>just to their right.

I guess being a jewish bigot and racist is that financially beneficial for them
to be able to afford all that.

http://www.epexperts.com/modules.php...ticle&sid=2577

http://www.topix.net/content/ap/2007...-4-3-million-2

(+ 22,000 other google hits)

You won't ever find me touching their new sliding doors, nor even their web
pages anymore, bought and paid for off of the backs of those they hate and
exploit.

They can be made to correct their outward behavior through a court order but it
will never change their core values and beliefs behind closed doors, you can be
100% certain of that.

Are you one of their many peons that they sent out to do damage control all over
the net now that the owners of B&H have been revealed for who and what they
really are?

Cynicor

Osirus wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:52:39 -0500, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
>> the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
>> HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
>> like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
>> the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
>>
>> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
>> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding doors
>> just to their right.

> I guess being a jewish bigot and racist is that financially beneficial for them
> to be able to afford all that.

Yawn.

But thanks for your first post here.

gowanoh

The B&H store is a Mecca for photographers!

Pete Stavrakoglou

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
>I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled
>and the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
>HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
>like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
>the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
>
> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding
> doors just to their right.

I've been to their store only once, last summer. They have a second
floor? Did they use it for retail space before the remodeling?

Osirus

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:41:53 -0500, "Pete Stavrakoglou" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
>>I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled
>>and the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
>>HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
>>like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
>>the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
>>
>> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
>> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding
>> doors just to their right.

>I've been to their store only once, last summer. They have a second
>floor? Did they use it for retail space before the remodeling?

No, that's where they were feeding gruel to all their Hispanic slave-labor.
After the lawsuit they had to find some other use for that space. You can read
about it on the following links, 2 of the many examples.

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
> "Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled
>> and the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff.
>> It's HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not
>> sure I like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when
>> it was on the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
>>
>> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
>> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding
>> doors just to their right.

> I've been to their store only once, last summer. They have a second
> floor? Did they use it for retail space before the remodeling?

They used to have offices and a small area where they sold used
equipment. The whole thing is open up now, and I think they moved the
offices to where the cameras used to be because it's blocked off there now.

The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet

B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.

The Spider

Charles

In article <473bc3ea$0$14071$(E-Mail Removed)>, The Spider
Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
> they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.

Don't expect B&H prices to come down. Their expansion has to be
expensive. I was there yesterday and the expansion is large. Not just
space wise. There appeared to be many more employees than before, (and
more diverse too) and also more security than before. I think customers
who visit the store are going to have a better experience. All the
major brands have their own sections with lots of demo units to try and
a lot of customer help. I think the expansion is great, just takes some
getting used to the new setup.

Interestingly, yesterday when I was there the Canon area was mobbed
with people trying out their cameras and the Nikon area had very few
people looking.

--
Charles

PCs Rule

wrote in message news:473bc3ea$0$14071$(E-Mail Removed)...
> B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
> they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.
>
> The Spider

There's just no end to some people showing how stupid they are.

Expansion of the Sun X-Terminal Mod bigal Case Modding 85 11-07-2008 11:02 AM
Wireless network and Age of Empires Expansion multiplayer =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIFcu?= Wireless Networking 1 04-05-2005 07:31 PM
Tilde Expansion MB2 ASP .Net 1 09-24-2004 08:45 PM
1721 expansion Can2002 Cisco 2 11-29-2003 07:39 PM
questions - network expansion - x3500-xl GigaStack vs G5483 1000BaseT - 3550-12T vs 3750G-24TS Joel M. Baldwin Cisco 3 10-25-2003 05:14 PM

Advertisments