Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > need help debugging please

need help debugging please

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,
i have a simple user control that has a button on it which is on my web
page. everytime i click it i get the following message:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 52716926
Error: Expected ';'
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------

no matter what i answer the ide does nothing (vs2005) . i can't tell if this
is client side or server-side and i'm not sure how to go about debugging
this?

thanks,
rodchar

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> A Runtime Error has occurred.
!> Do you wish to Debug?
!> Line: 52716926
!> Error: Expected ';'

You are actually getting an error on line 52,716,926 ?
You wrote an application with over 52 million lines of code ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espańol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey all,
> i have a simple user control that has a button on it which is on my web
> page. everytime i click it i get the following message:
>
> ---------------------------
> Error
> ---------------------------
> A Runtime Error has occurred.
> Do you wish to Debug?
>
> Line: 52716926
> Error: Expected ';'
> ---------------------------
> Yes No
> ---------------------------
>
> no matter what i answer the ide does nothing (vs2005) . i can't tell if this
> is client side or server-side and i'm not sure how to go about debugging
> this?
>
> thanks,
> rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

is this even possible? any ideas on where to start?

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> re:
> !> A Runtime Error has occurred.
> !> Do you wish to Debug?
> !> Line: 52716926
> !> Error: Expected ';'
>
> You are actually getting an error on line 52,716,926 ?
> You wrote an application with over 52 million lines of code ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en espaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================
> "rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hey all,
> > i have a simple user control that has a button on it which is on my web
> > page. everytime i click it i get the following message:
> >
> > ---------------------------
> > Error
> > ---------------------------
> > A Runtime Error has occurred.
> > Do you wish to Debug?
> >
> > Line: 52716926
> > Error: Expected ';'
> > ---------------------------
> > Yes No
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > no matter what i answer the ide does nothing (vs2005) . i can't tell if this
> > is client side or server-side and i'm not sure how to go about debugging
> > this?
> >
> > thanks,
> > rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?RWFnbGVSZWRASGlnaEZseWluZ0JpcmRzLmNvbQ==?=

This looks like a client-side javascript error. The interpreter is looking
for a ';' to end a statement. The number of lines looks REAL strange. In
this case the number of lines includes the script and HTML rendered to the
browser.

Are you using some kind of code generator for the script or HTML for the
page where this is happening? I may have "gone crazy".

"rodchar" wrote:

> is this even possible? any ideas on where to start?
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
>
> > re:
> > !> A Runtime Error has occurred.
> > !> Do you wish to Debug?
> > !> Line: 52716926
> > !> Error: Expected ';'
> >
> > You are actually getting an error on line 52,716,926 ?
> > You wrote an application with over 52 million lines of code ?
> >

> > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> > asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> > foros de asp.net, en espaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> > ======================================
> > "rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hey all,
> > > i have a simple user control that has a button on it which is on my web
> > > page. everytime i click it i get the following message:
> > >
> > > ---------------------------
> > > Error
> > > ---------------------------
> > > A Runtime Error has occurred.
> > > Do you wish to Debug?
> > >
> > > Line: 52716926
> > > Error: Expected ';'
> > > ---------------------------
> > > Yes No
> > > ---------------------------
> > >
> > > no matter what i answer the ide does nothing (vs2005) . i can't tell if this
> > > is client side or server-side and i'm not sure how to go about debugging
> > > this?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

no code generator, i just designed my ui way too complicated. it turned out
to be a javascript call from the server-side that did not have the ;

thanks,
rod.