Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Question about using several search criteria on a form

Question about using several search criteria on a form

jm

Hi, I have a form that I need to search several with several items,
some together and some separate.

Say I have a date, lastname, and invoice and I want to search on any
of these individually. Do I create three sql data objects and key
each object to the correct control?

What if I want to use all three? Just create a fourth with all three
controls for the @variable?

Thanks for any help.

Alexey Smirnov

On Nov 13, 4:56 pm, jm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I have a form that I need to search several with several items,
> some together and some separate.
>
> Say I have a date, lastname, and invoice and I want to search on any
> of these individually. Do I create three sql data objects and key
> each object to the correct control?
>
> What if I want to use all three? Just create a fourth with all three
> controls for the @variable?
>
> Thanks for any help.

You also can build a stored procedure to make a search according to
the @querytype and @queryvalue. And that stored procedure can be used
for all of your queries

jm

On Nov 13, 11:03 am, Alexey Smirnov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 4:56 pm, jm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a form that I need to search several with several items,
> > some together and some separate.

> > Say I have a date, lastname, and invoice and I want to search on any
> > of these individually. Do I create three sql data objects and key
> > each object to the correct control?

> > What if I want to use all three? Just create a fourth with all three
> > controls for the @variable?

> > Thanks for any help.

> You also can build a stored procedure to make a search according to
> the @querytype and @queryvalue. And that stored procedure can be used
> for all of your queries

I did a search and didn't see any examples. Do you know a site?

jm

On Nov 13, 11:03 am, Alexey Smirnov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 4:56 pm, jm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a form that I need to search several with several items,
> > some together and some separate.

> > Say I have a date, lastname, and invoice and I want to search on any
> > of these individually. Do I create three sql data objects and key
> > each object to the correct control?

> > What if I want to use all three? Just create a fourth with all three
> > controls for the @variable?

> > Thanks for any help.

> You also can build a stored procedure to make a search according to
> the @querytype and @queryvalue. And that stored procedure can be used
> for all of your queries

Are you saying that I send a parameter over something hidden I make
up that tells it what the querytype is?