Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > SDP stream data

SDP stream data

=?Utf-8?B?emtlczEwMDA=?=

I am working on windows xp(sp2) to write a server software for purpose of
communicating (i.e. file transfering) my Nokia 6600 with PC server by
Bluetooth link. After I succeed in creating a BT socket, I "bind" the socket
and start to "listen". Also, "WSASetService" is invoked here. Next, when I
attempt to send file from my 6600 to PC by BT, the error "send failed" is
always shown on 6600.
Then, I tried "WSASetService" by setting "pBlob" parameter. But I am not
clear to the SDP definition. Could anyone give me sone help to establish
theSDP stream for satisfying what I want.

Sandy Spinrad [MSFT]

Hello,

I would first recommend finding out what file transfer protocols your phone
supports. Many phones support OBEX but some phones may use their own
proprietary protocol for file transfers, and to complicate matters, some
cellular vendors may also limit file transfer functionality.

So once you have a good understanding the protocol your phone uses to
transfer files, then you may be able to use the Windows XP Bluetooth socket
interface to create a RFCOMM to send / receive data in a format that the
phone understands.

Note the Microsoft Bluetooth version that ships with Windows XP SP2 includes
OBEX file transfer support. For more information, do a search for OBEX in
Windows online help (Start / Help and Support).

Good luck!

Sandy Spinrad
Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth
------------------------------------

"zkes1000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am working on windows xp(sp2) to write a server software for purpose of
> communicating (i.e. file transfering) my Nokia 6600 with PC server by
> Bluetooth link. After I succeed in creating a BT socket, I "bind" the
> socket
> and start to "listen". Also, "WSASetService" is invoked here. Next, when I
> attempt to send file from my 6600 to PC by BT, the error "send failed" is
> always shown on 6600.
> Then, I tried "WSASetService" by setting "pBlob" parameter. But I am not
> clear to the SDP definition. Could anyone give me sone help to establish
> theSDP stream for satisfying what I want.

Andrew McGrath

We have a product that implements what you are looking for. We have tested
it (sending files via OBEX from XP SP2 in C#) with Nokia 6600, Pocket PC,
and Ericsson K500i and others.

Write to me offline and I can send you a demo.

Regards

Andrew
www.mcsoft.com.au

"zkes1000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am working on windows xp(sp2) to write a server software for purpose of
> communicating (i.e. file transfering) my Nokia 6600 with PC server by
> Bluetooth link. After I succeed in creating a BT socket, I "bind" the
> socket
> and start to "listen". Also, "WSASetService" is invoked here. Next, when I
> attempt to send file from my 6600 to PC by BT, the error "send failed" is
> always shown on 6600.
> Then, I tried "WSASetService" by setting "pBlob" parameter. But I am not
> clear to the SDP definition. Could anyone give me sone help to establish
> theSDP stream for satisfying what I want.

masarajoo masarajoo is offline
Junior Member

i want to transfer all data from nokia 6600 to my pc can somebodyhelp

get stream mode flags from an opened stream Alexander Korsunsky C++ 1 02-17-2007 10:38 AM
How to GET multi-word input from a *file* stream as opposed to a *console* stream? sherifffruitfly@gmail.com C++ 9 04-27-2006 04:14 PM
sdp lib for C++ apettini@gmail.com C++ 0 03-02-2006 03:36 PM
Doing readline in a thread from a popen4('rsync ...') stream blocks when the stream ends. Rasmusson, Lars Python 1 04-30-2004 08:10 AM
Toshiba SDP-1200 Portable DVD Player Joe DVD Video 0 09-08-2003 03:14 PM

Advertisments