Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What does this mean?

What does this mean?

While downloading a file using Orbit (similar to Flashget), my Zonealarm
flashed up an alert that said "Orbit downloader wants to accept connections
from the internet" and prompted me to allow or deny and I denied. According
to the Zonealarm alert, the IP was 151.164.1.8NS. Thinking it may be a
hacker trying to get in I went to ARIN Whois to check to see who that IP
belongs to. It showed that it belongs to AT&T internet services which is who
I have my internet service with. Does anyone know what this was?

sandy58

On Nov 13, 3:13 am, "j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> While downloading a file using Orbit (similar to Flashget), my Zonealarm
> flashed up an alert that said "Orbit downloader wants to accept connections
> from the internet" and prompted me to allow or deny and I denied. According
> to the Zonealarm alert, the IP was 151.164.1.8NS. Thinking it may be a
> hacker trying to get in I went to ARIN Whois to check to see who that IP
> belongs to. It showed that it belongs to AT&T internet services which is who
> I have my internet service with. Does anyone know what this was?

Sounds like Orbit thought that AT&T was malicious, set off ZoneAlarm
etc. Now that you have "formally introduced" them all, hopefully they
will learn to live happily ever after.

Jeff Strickland

Orbit wants to access the 'net to complete a task you assigned it. ZoneAlarm
does not know you assigned a task, it only knows something is trying to get
out to the 'net.

You have to make Orbit a Trusted Source (or whatever ZoneAlarm calls it)
within ZoneAlarm.

ZoneAlarm expects that any effort on the part of your system to get out onto
the 'net is a cookie phoning home, or something of that nature. If you DID
NOT expect the outbound call from your computer, then ZoneAlarm did its job.
If you did expect the outbound call, then ZoneAlarm still did its job, and
you have to tell ZoneAlarm that this application has permission to go out
onto the 'net and get stuff.

The ZoneAlarm message should come with three options, ALLOW ALWAYS, ALLOW
ONCE, and KEEP BLOCKING. The options might be worded differently, but you
should be able to get the meaning.

news:wD8_i.68308$(E-Mail Removed). net...