Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Even The Fabulous 500 Loves Sunsets!

Even The Fabulous 500 Loves Sunsets!

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

Mick Harris wrote:

>> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
>> spectacular event.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

> Nice shot Rita, I like the colours, warms me up just looking at it.

Thanks Mick.

Rita

Annika1980

On Nov 13, 5:15 pm, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to say it, but the 40D seems to generate more noise than
> the Nikon D70.

How would you know without looking at the RAW files?
The settings you choose in ACR can greatly affect the perceived noise
levels. Crank up the Sharpening and the pic will look noisier.
Have you even seen a RAW file from the 40D?
I posted one earlier so go look at that one and get back to me.
It was a ISO 400 shot if memory serves.

Annika1980 wrote:

>> I'm sorry to say it, but the 40D seems to generate more noise than
>> the Nikon D70.
>>

> How would you know without looking at the RAW files?
> The settings you choose in ACR can greatly affect the perceived noise
> levels. Crank up the Sharpening and the pic will look noisier.
> Have you even seen a RAW file from the 40D?
> I posted one earlier so go look at that one and get back to me.
> It was a ISO 400 shot if memory serves.

So what you are saying is you are getting all this noise from ACR? I think
you have more issues to iron out to get rid of the noisy and painted look of
most of your images. My guess is you are over aggressively Photoshopping
them. I still think the 40D has major noise issues that are embarrassingly
high.

Rita

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com

On Nov 14, 8:15 am, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
> The "overcorrected .. sharpening" .. is exclusively done by HTML resizing.

(O:

Translation - "It's not me, it's the crap methodology *I* choose..."