Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Even The Fabulous 500 Loves Sunsets!

Reply
Thread Tools

Even The Fabulous 500 Loves Sunsets!

 
 
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
event.

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>





Rita

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
On Nov 12, 7:05 pm, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
> event.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
>
> Rita


Looks more like over-sharpened quacks in the shade during broad
daylight to me.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Douglas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:05:21 -0500, Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
> spectacular event.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
>
>
>
>
>
> Rita



Oh that's georgous Rita.- As usual, I might add!
You managed to capture the mood of the moment perfectly.
Keep up this level of work and I'll have to send you a brand new D300 to
make me a coffe table book of your glorious zoo life photos with!

I'll even send you the entrance fee for the turnstiles so you don't have
to go down on your knees like a certain other wild zoo shooter does.

Douglas
--
If you don't defend your rights... You end up without any!
 
Reply With Quote
 
mark.thomas.7@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
On Nov 13, 10:05 am, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
> event.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
>
> Rita


doug and annika are clearly biased, so I'll just agree with what
everyone *else* has said about this shot, namely:



..


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?UTF-8?Q?Rita_=C3=84_Berkowitz?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
Douglas wrote:

>> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
>> spectacular event.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

>
> Oh that's georgous Rita.- As usual, I might add!
> You managed to capture the mood of the moment perfectly.
> Keep up this level of work and I'll have to send you a brand new D300
> to make me a coffe table book of your glorious zoo life photos with!


Thank you for the gushing admiration, but I don't think I deserve it since
I'm not up to that level of perfection yet. You see, a crappy lens that is
so overwhelmingly sharp and a sensor that is unnaturally crisp and noise
free that it’s near impossible to tone down to an acceptable level in
Photoshop hinder me. I should have gotten a 40D instead and a fixed copy of
CS3. This way I could produce awe-inspiring cartoons that are so
overcorrected they deserve the gush!

> I'll even send you the entrance fee for the turnstiles so you don't
> have to go down on your knees like a certain other wild zoo shooter
> does.


If only! The Baltimore Zoo sucks beyond compare and it's a waste of the
entrance fee.





Rita

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
Annika1980 wrote:

>> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
>> spectacular event.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

>
> Looks more like over-sharpened quacks in the shade during broad
> daylight to me.


Yep, sharp dressed ducks throw off their own glow. They should be wearing
shades since they are so sharp.





Rita



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mick Harris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007

"Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
> spectacular event.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
>
>
>
>
>
> Rita


Nice shot Rita, I like the colours, warms me up just looking at it.

Mick


 
Reply With Quote
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
On Nov 13, 6:10 am, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
> You see, a crappy lens that is
> so overwhelmingly sharp and a sensor that is unnaturally crisp and noise
> free that it's near impossible to tone down to an acceptable level in
> Photoshop hinder me. I should have gotten a 40D instead and a fixed copy of
> CS3. This way I could produce awe-inspiring cartoons that are so
> overcorrected they deserve the gush!


Ah, but your shots are way overcorrected as regards sharpening.
Too bad your supposedly legitimate copy of Photoshop didn't include an
instruction manual.


 
Reply With Quote
 
John McWilliams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Nov 13, 10:05 am, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
>> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
>> event.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
>>
>> Rita

>
> doug and annika are clearly biased, so I'll just agree with what
> everyone *else* has said about this shot, namely:








Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
john mcwilliams
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
Annika1980 wrote:

>> You see, a crappy lens that is
>> so overwhelmingly sharp and a sensor that is unnaturally crisp and
>> noise free that it's near impossible to tone down to an acceptable
>> level in Photoshop hinder me. I should have gotten a 40D instead
>> and a fixed copy of CS3. This way I could produce awe-inspiring
>> cartoons that are so overcorrected they deserve the gush!

>
> Ah, but your shots are way overcorrected as regards sharpening.
> Too bad your supposedly legitimate copy of Photoshop didn't include an
> instruction manual.


Unlike you, I do very little Photoshop since it is done right in the camera.
I do, of course, resize and save for web. The "overcorrected as regards
sharpening" you are referring to is a signature trademark for newsgroup
posting and is exclusively done by HTML resizing. Just ask Wolfie since he
loves the effect. I mean, if you really want I can do some overcorrection
in Photoshop since the old Mk III's sensor is virtually noiseless. Had I
been using the 40D I would have to redraw my images in Photoshop to mask the
noise. I'm sorry to say it, but the 40D seems to generate more noise than
the Nikon D70.






Rita

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sports Fans Squinting At The Fabulous 500 =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 6 10-31-2007 12:07 AM
Street Sweeping With The Mighty Mk III And The Totally Fabulous 500! =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 15 10-30-2007 02:08 PM
Flaunting The Totally Fabulous 500 In The Rain! =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 38 10-30-2007 12:15 PM
Even Our Fine Feathered Friends Love The Fabulous 500! =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 17 10-30-2007 12:14 PM
The Totally Fabulous 500 Has A Bad Day! =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?= Digital Photography 6 10-28-2007 09:13 PM



Advertisments