Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > VPN configuration activex/api/sdk for windows

Reply
Thread Tools

VPN configuration activex/api/sdk for windows

 
 
musikit@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-12-2007
hello,

i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
activex component or a API or SDK for this?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-12-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
> a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
> activex component or a API or SDK for this?


Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

V
--
Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
musikit@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-12-2007
On Nov 12, 2:51 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
> > a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
> > activex component or a API or SDK for this?

>
> Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?
>
> V
> --
> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
microsoft.

if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-12-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2:51 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> i'm trying to build a software product that will auto
>>> setup/configure a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS
>>> provides an activex component or a API or SDK for this?

>>
>> Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?
>>
>> V
>> --
>> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
>> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

>
> yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
> microsoft.


REALLY? None in the "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy?

And what's in your question specific to C++? ActiveX? API?
SDK? Not one of those things says "C++".

> if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.


I wonder what else you are hoping for. VPN is off-topic.

V
--
Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
musikit@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-12-2007
On Nov 12, 3:23 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Nov 12, 2:51 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >>> i'm trying to build a software product that will auto
> >>> setup/configure a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS
> >>> provides an activex component or a API or SDK for this?

>
> >> Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

>
> >> V
> >> --
> >> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
> >> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

>
> > yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
> > microsoft.

>
> REALLY? None in the "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy?
>
> And what's in your question specific to C++? ActiveX? API?
> SDK? Not one of those things says "C++".
>
> > if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.

>
> I wonder what else you are hoping for. VPN is off-topic.
>
> V
> --
> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


i was looking in comp.programming.* considering i was interested in
computer programming. thank you for informing me that the computer
programming newsgroups specific to MS are in a non-logic spot.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Stuart Redmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2007
[snipped OP's OT question]

Victor Bazarov wrote:
>>>>Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?


(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
>microsoft.


[snip]

> i was looking in comp.programming.* considering i was interested in
> computer programming. thank you for informing me that the computer
> programming newsgroups specific to MS are in a non-logic spot.


Non-logic depends on our point of view. As those newsgroups have been created by
MS, they were free to put the most important name (from _their_ point of view)
to the front of the newsgroup name. I agree that searching the newsgroup names
for C++ doesn't yield the MS Visual C++ related newsgroup (how should one know
that Visual C++ is abbreviated into 'vc'?) This is most probably the reason why
so many Visual C++ related questions end up in comp.lang.c++ or
comp.lang.c++.moderated.

Regards,
Stuart
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VPN site to site & Remote access VPN ( vpn client) over the same interface pasatealinux Cisco 1 12-17-2007 07:41 PM
Cisco VPN client configuration - more than one vpn group Camilo Cisco 2 08-07-2006 02:56 PM
Configuration reverted to previous configuration after power loss ward@sciinc.com Cisco 0 03-03-2006 04:14 PM
PEAP Configuration Woes - PEAP configuration help jester Cisco 1 12-20-2005 02:04 PM
Cisco vpn server enabled / VPN and no-VPN connections mix Elise Cisco 6 05-22-2004 07:55 AM



Advertisments