Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Tesco Internet Phone

Tesco Internet Phone

Doug Spinney

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
voicemail remotely? If so how?

TIA

Doug.

Soruk

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:31:10 -0800, Doug Spinney <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
>voicemail remotely? If so how?

Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.

Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
phone but it's one way of getting the messages.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email

Nick

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
> >voicemail remotely? If so how?

> Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.
>
> However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
> disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
> log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.
>
> Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
> phone but it's one way of getting the messages.
>
> --
> -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
> MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
> Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
> Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
*123 to hear messages.

http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

Doug Spinney

On Nov 13, 7:38 pm, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Soruk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>

> > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:31:10 -0800, Doug Spinney

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >Hi,

> > >Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
> > >voicemail remotely? If so how?

> > Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

> > However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
> > disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
> > log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.

> > Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
> > phone but it's one way of getting the messages.

> > --
> > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
> > MailStripper -http://www.MailStripper.eu/- SMTP spam filter
> > Mail Me Anywhere -http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/- Mobile email
> > Second Number -http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

> I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
> following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
> *123 to hear messages.
>
> http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

Thanks forthe replies, I was really looking for a way from the PSTN
but i'll try the phone from here link out.

Cheers

Doug.

iaukltd@gmail.com

On 15 Nov, 11:45, Doug Spinney <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 7:38 pm, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > "Soruk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed) k...

> > > Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

> > > However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECTphoneand
> > > disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
> > > log in to myTescoaccount and call *123 from there.

> > > Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
> > >phonebut it's one way of getting the messages.

> > > --
> > > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
> > > MailStripper -http://www.MailStripper.eu/-SMTP spam filter
> > > Mail Me Anywhere -http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/-Mobile email
> > > Second Number -http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

> > I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
> > following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
> > *123 to hear messages.

> >http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

> Thanks forthe replies, I was really looking for a way from the PSTN
> but i'll try thephonefrom here link out.
>
> Cheers
>
> Doug.- Hide quoted text -

well - why dont you use the tesco voip client for your laptops, thats
very convienient !

Tesco Internet Phone RX.3000 UK VOIP 28 01-15-2010 07:55 AM
Any info about Tesco internet phone ted_radioham UK VOIP 15 03-29-2007 01:35 PM
still cant dial tesco internet phone numbers from telewest paul woolley UK VOIP 1 03-19-2006 12:32 AM
tesco internet phone - caller id - unknown paul woolley UK VOIP 0 02-25-2006 09:41 PM
tesco internet phone - any comments ? paul woolley UK VOIP 3 02-25-2006 11:33 AM

Advertisments