Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > infamous ie message

infamous ie message

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,
you know that message: "When you send information over the internet, it
might be possible for others to see that information."

What should I know to manage this risk?

thanks,
rodchar

Mark Rae [MVP]

"rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What should I know to manage this risk?

Encrypt any sensitive data e.g. passwords, account numbers etc

Get an SSL certificate.

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

PJ on Development

That's not even the issue, Mark.

Although an SSL connection does cryptograph the cionnection at the
protocol level, the message in question is that the IE always displays
this message at the first time it's installed.

Regards,

Paulo Santos
http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com

On Nov 12, 11:52 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > What should I know to manage this risk?

> Encrypt any sensitive data e.g. passwords, account numbers etc
>
> Get an SSL certificate.
>
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

"PJ on Development" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> That's not even the issue, Mark.

I believe it is...

> Although an SSL connection does cryptograph the connection at the
> protocol level, the message in question is that the IE always displays
> this message at the first time it's installed.

The OP is not asking about the risk of actually displaying the message - the
OP is asking about ways of preventing the risks about which the message is
warning...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

rodchar

Thanks everyone for the feedback. i appreciate it.
rod.