Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > publishing a website security

publishing a website security

Sunfire

I was wondering exactly how secure publishing a website using vs2005 publish
command would be with the make this website updatable box checked in the
publish wizard compared to having it checked. The reason I ask, is because I
have an index.aspx file doing nothing more than a
Respons.Redirect("OtherFile.aspx"); to load the other file. I have to do it
this way because having 2 index files in the website with code on them will
break my code. The code that will break is in the master page load event:

String FileName = Path.GetFileName(Request.Path);
switch (FileName) {
case: "index.aspx":
This.MainMenu.Items[0].Enabled=false;
break;
//and so on through the whole Menu tree disabling the link
//for the page you are already on.
}

Is there a better way of doing something like this?... just wondering how to
get the index.aspx transfer to another page to work. I get "This page is a
placemarker...." message when I try to run it...