Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Login screen

Login screen

zxc1

For some reason win xp now asks me to click a users logo on the startup
screen instead of just displaying `welcome` and continuing to load. Only a
minor irritation but one I`d like to change back. I`m the only user. Can
anyone help
TIA

Tony

Sounds like a bogus XP license is the reason. Chuck are you reading this? Same
problem maybe?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"zxc1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For some reason win xp now asks me to click a users logo on the startup
>screen instead of just displaying `welcome` and continuing to load. Only a
>minor irritation but one I`d like to change back. I`m the only user. Can
>anyone help

Start | Run <type in>
control userpasswords2
<enter>

Click on your account (highlight it) then uncheck the obvious; you
should be asked for your password twice, apply,
--

Fallen Art
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4yQhXBeabUE

zxc1

Thanks, problem is I have never created a password and none are listed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"zxc1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks, problem is I have never created a password and none are listed.

Tab twice or just press enter.

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "zxc1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>For some reason win xp now asks me to click a users logo on the startup
>>>screen instead of just displaying `welcome` and continuing to load. Only a
>>>minor irritation but one I`d like to change back. I`m the only user. Can
>>>anyone help

>> Start | Run <type in>
>> control userpasswords2
>> <enter>
>>
>> Click on your account (highlight it) then uncheck the obvious; you
>> should be asked for your password twice, apply,
>> --
>>
>> Fallen Art
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=4yQhXBeabUE

--

Man injures himself trying to loosen lug nut.
With a shotgun http://tinyurl.com/yv67rh