Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Latest Firefox an enemy of YOU TUBE?

Latest Firefox an enemy of YOU TUBE?

Rufus Dingle

I have the latest Firefox browser installed; it's been working fine but all
of a sudden, beginning yesterday, if I get a comment on my Yahoo account
from a YOU TUBER and click on the link, nothing loads. But it's okay with
IE6. Anyone have an answer to this dilemma.
Thank you.

Chris Jahn

"Rufus Dingle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:LnJZi.112$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have the latest Firefox browser installed; it's been working
> fine but all of a sudden, beginning yesterday, if I get a
> comment on my Yahoo account from a YOU TUBER and click on the
> link, nothing loads. But it's okay with IE6. Anyone have an
> answer to this dilemma. Thank you.

Try the usual first aid: clear the cache, delete cookies related
to the site, and re-start FF.

--
Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/

What do you want me to do, learn to stutter?

SgtMinor

Rufus Dingle wrote:
> I have the latest Firefox browser installed; it's been working fine but all
> of a sudden, beginning yesterday, if I get a comment on my Yahoo account
> from a YOU TUBER and click on the link, nothing loads. But it's okay with
> IE6. Anyone have an answer to this dilemma.
> Thank you.

Try right clicking on the link and choosing the "Open Link in New
Window" option.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Rufus Dingle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the latest Firefox browser installed; it's been working fine but all
>of a sudden, beginning yesterday, if I get a comment on my Yahoo account
>from a YOU TUBER and click on the link, nothing loads. But it's okay with
>IE6. Anyone have an answer to this dilemma.
>Thank you.

It takes a Flash plugin and Java for Utube, make sure they are all
enabled.

--

Fallen Art
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4yQhXBeabUE

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

> It takes a Flash plugin and Java for Utube, make sure they are
> all enabled.

It takes a Flash plugin and Java_Script_ for youtube ...

I don't see any Java there, which is in fact disabled in my Firefox, and
youtube still works.

--
-bts

Chris Jahn

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:XsMZi.16089$(E-Mail Removed):

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> It takes a Flash plugin and Java for Utube, make sure they
>> are all enabled.

> It takes a Flash plugin and Java_Script_ for youtube ...
>
> I don't see any Java there, which is in fact disabled in my
> Firefox, and youtube still works.

Java has nothing to do with either javascript or Flash.

--
Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/
Web page validation: http://validator.w3.org
About Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org

I'm a solipsist, I don't see why other people aren't that way...

"Java is not the Enemy" - New Ruby Video on youtube.com railsaware.com Java 0 11-06-2006 04:42 PM
TO: time is my enemy kpg MCSE 1 10-20-2006 05:07 PM
REVIEW: "Know Your Enemy", Honeynet Project Rob Slade, doting grandpa of Ryan and Trevor Computer Security 0 08-03-2004 02:47 PM
Soundtrack of "Natural Enemy" Ingo Amtor DVD Video 0 07-11-2004 04:38 AM
Sleeping with the enemy? Parko Computer Support 0 04-03-2004 12:37 PM

Advertisments