Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon G9 RAW, same as Canon 300d RAW?

Canon G9 RAW, same as Canon 300d RAW?

Al Dykes

Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

John Bean

On 11 Nov 2007 15:11:09 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Al Dykes)
wrote:

>Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

No.

--
John Bean

Le Patriote

"Al Dykes" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:fh7nkt$6u1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.

Al Dykes

In article <uvLZi.8606$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Le Patriote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Al Dykes" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>news:fh7nkt$6u1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

>you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.

Does Adobe update ACR for CS2?

brandon foxx

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:38:26 -0500, "Le Patriote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Al Dykes" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>news:fh7nkt$6u1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

>you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.

Or just use PhotoLine 32 to see if it can open them (which I bet it will, in 6
different RAW data demosaicing algorithms no less). Then you'll also see the
difference between a 16-bit PhotoShop platform (Windows 1.0 quality), compared
to a full 32 bit math platform.

Le Patriote

"Al Dykes" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:fh80r5$avs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <uvLZi.8606$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Le Patriote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >"Al Dykes" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> >news:fh7nkt$6u1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

> >you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.
> >

> Does Adobe update ACR for CS2?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3587

I dont think it support the G9 and Im not sure if Adobe will make another
version of ACR for CS/CS2. They are like Microsoft now, they want to force
us to upgrade.

Cameras supported by the Photoshop Camera Raw 3.7 plug-in
The Photoshop Camera Raw 3.7 plug-in replaces the previous versions of the
Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in for Bridge CS2, Photoshop CS2, Photoshop
Elements 5.0, Photoshop Elements 4.0, and Premiere Elements 3.0. You can
download the plug-in from the Product Updates page on the Adobe web site. It
supports camera raw files from the following camera models:

Canon

a.. EOS-1D
b.. EOS-1D Mark II
c.. EOS 1D Mark II N
d.. EOS-1Ds
e.. EOS-1Ds Mark II
f.. EOS 5D
g.. EOS 10D
h.. EOS 20D
i.. EOS 20Da
j.. EOS 30D
k.. EOS D30
l.. EOS D60
m.. EOS Digital Rebel (EOS 300D/EOS Kiss Digital)
n.. EOS Digital Rebel XT (EOS 350D/EOS Kiss Digital N)
o.. EOS Digital Rebel XTi (EOS 400D/EOS Kiss Digital X)
p.. PowerShot 600
q.. PowerShot A5
r.. PowerShot A50
s.. PowerShot S30
t.. PowerShot S40
u.. PowerShot S45
v.. PowerShot S50
w.. PowerShot S60
x.. PowerShot S70
y.. PowerShot G1
z.. PowerShot G2
aa.. PowerShot G3
ab.. PowerShot G5
ac.. PowerShot G6
ad.. PowerShot Pro 1
ae.. PowerShot Pro 70
af.. PowerShot Pro90 IS
Contax

a.. N Digital
Epson

a.. R-D1
b.. R-D1s
Fujifilm

a.. FinePix E900
b.. FinePix F700
c.. FinePix S2 Pro
d.. FinePix S3 Pro
e.. FinePix S20 Pro
f.. FinePix S5000 Z
g.. FinePix S5200/5600
h.. FinePix S6000fd/S6500fd
i.. FinePix S7000 Z
j.. FinePix S9000/9500
k.. FinePix S9100/9600
Kodak

a.. DCS 14n
b.. DCS Pro 14nx
c.. DCS720x
d.. DCS760
e.. DCS Pro SLR/n
f.. EasyShare P712
g.. EasyShare P850
h.. EasyShare P880
Konica Minolta

a.. Alpha Sweet Digital (Japan)
b.. Alpha-5 Digital (China)
c.. DiMAGE A1
d.. DiMAGE A2
e.. DiMAGE A200
f.. DiMAGE 5
g.. DiMAGE 7
h.. DiMAGE 7i
i.. DiMAGE 7Hi
j.. Maxxum 5D/Dynax 5D
k.. Maxxum 7D/Dynax 7D
Leaf

a.. Aptus 22
b.. Aptus 65
c.. Aptus 75
d.. Valeo 6
e.. Valeo 11
f.. Valeo 17
g.. Valeo 22
Leica

a.. D-Lux 2
b.. D-Lux 3
c.. Digilux 2
d.. Digilux 3
e.. V-LUX 1
Mamiya

a.. ZD
Nikon

a.. D1
b.. D1H
c.. D1X
d.. D2H
e.. D2Hs
f.. D2X
g.. D2Xs
h.. D40*
i.. D50
j.. D70
k.. D70s
l.. D80
m.. D100
n.. D200
o.. Coolpix 5000
p.. Coolpix 5400
q.. Coolpix 5700
r.. Coolpix 8400
s.. Coolpix 8700
t.. Coolpix 8800
Olympus

a.. E-1
b.. E-10
c.. E-20
d.. EVOLT E-300
e.. EVOLT E-330
f.. EVOLT E-400
g.. EVOLT E-500
h.. C-5050 Zoom
i.. C-5060 Zoom
j.. C-7070 Wide Zoom
k.. C-8080 Wide Zoom
l.. SP-310
m.. SP-320
n.. SP-350
o.. SP-500UZ
p.. SP-510 UZ
Panasonic

a.. DMC-FZ30
b.. DMC-FZ50
c.. DMC-L1
d.. DMC-LC1
e.. DMC-LX1
f.. DMC-LX2
Pentax

a.. *ist D
b.. *ist DL
c.. *ist DL2
d.. *ist DS
e.. *ist DS2
f.. K10D*
g.. K100D
h.. K110D
Samsung

a.. GX-1L
b.. GX-1S
Sigma

a.. SD9
b.. SD10
Sony

a.. A100
b.. DSC-F828
c.. DSC-R1
d.. DSC-V3
*New to this release of the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in.

DNG native cameras
The Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in versions 2.3 and later can open DNG
(Digital Negative) files. Cameras that natively capture files in the DNG
format are therefore compatible with the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in. For