Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Panasonic Globarange - any good?

Panasonic Globarange - any good?

tinnews@isbd.co.uk

We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
VOIP, the Panasonic Globarange is a possibility. The Panasonic UK
website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.

One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?

--
Chris Green

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On 11 Nov 2007 15:47:09 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
>can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?

Looks to be a nice looking phone but would not touch any Pansonic
product ever again . I have a Pan video recorder here that has gone
nackered just out of its warranty and also three Pan dect phones all
of which have gone nackered , I now have a BT Elements and a Freestyle
310 both seem very good and no problems so far .

Wedgieben

On 11 Nov, 15:47, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
> VOIP, thePanasonicGlobarangeis a possibility. ThePanasonicUK
> website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.
>
> One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
> can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?
>
> --
> Chris Green

I purchased Panasonic Globarange phones from J Lewis who had an offer
on giving away a free second phone. I gave this to my son and we can
have calls over the internet for free. They call their service JOIP
and the advantage using the Panasonic phone is that you don't need to
have your computer on to use it. Athough you would need to have a
router with an ethernet access. Joining the JOIP service provides some
extra functionality to the phone service but you can just use the
phone for calls at a very competitive rate. At the moment they are
trying to sort a problem with US dollar and GB pound conversion rates.
However they say that the final charges will be less and one penny a
minute (0.006GBP) for UK standard calls and about one penny for calls
in US and Canada. I am pleased with the phone and at these prices it's
a good choice.
Jim Gentle

Wedgieben

On 11 Nov, 15:47, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
> VOIP, thePanasonicGlobarangeis a possibility. ThePanasonicUK
> website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.
>
> One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
> can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?
>
> --
> Chris Green

With regard to your basic question - The phone seems to be locked into
the JOIP service - whether anyone can convert is beyond me.
Jim Gentle

mymail@hotmail.com

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:40:56 -0800 (PST), Wedgieben
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I purchased Panasonic Globarange phones from J Lewis who had an offer
>on giving away a free second phone. I gave this to my son and we can
>have calls over the internet for free. They call their service JOIP
>and the advantage using the Panasonic phone is that you don't need to
>have your computer on to use it. Athough you would need to have a
>router with an ethernet access. Joining the JOIP service provides some
>extra functionality to the phone service but you can just use the
>phone for calls at a very competitive rate. At the moment they are
>trying to sort a problem with US dollar and GB pound conversion rates.
>However they say that the final charges will be less and one penny a
>minute (0.006GBP) for UK standard calls and about one penny for calls
>in US and Canada. I am pleased with the phone and at these prices it's
>a good choice.
>Jim Gentle

Now you are in trouble Jim Ivor will be accusing you being a spammer
shortly .

tinnews@isbd.co.uk

Wedgieben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 11 Nov, 15:47, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
> > VOIP, thePanasonicGlobarangeis a possibility. ThePanasonicUK
> > website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.
> >
> > One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
> > can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?
> >
> > --
> > Chris Green

> With regard to your basic question - The phone seems to be locked into
> the JOIP service - whether anyone can convert is beyond me.

OK, thanks, at least someone read the question!

--
Chris Green