Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Modelsim-viewing signals within a component

Modelsim-viewing signals within a component

Neha

Hi

In Modelsim, is there any way to view signals internal to a component
instance?
I'm using Modelsim SE-64 PLUS 6.2f
Please tell me the command if there's one.

Also, i'd be grateful if somebody would tell me the command to view
the state machine diagram

Thanks and regards,
Neha

Mike Treseler

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....95d90d0bff88fa

> Also, i'd be grateful if somebody would tell me the command to view
> the state machine diagram

I can view state variable waveforms in simulation
but there are no circles and arrows diagrams in modelsim.
I use the quartus state viewer for this.

-- Mike Treseler

Neha

That worked
Thanks a lot!

HT-Lab

"Mike Treseler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neha wrote:
>
>> In Modelsim, is there any way to view signals internal to a component
>> instance?

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....95d90d0bff88fa
>
>> Also, i'd be grateful if somebody would tell me the command to view
>> the state machine diagram

> I can view state variable waveforms in simulation
> but there are no circles and arrows diagrams in modelsim.
> I use the quartus state viewer for this.

He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which has
a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
diagram.

I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
(added in 6.3),

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

> -- Mike Treseler

Neha

On Nov 12, 2:09 pm, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which has
> a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
> compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
> double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
> diagram.
>
> I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
> (added in 6.3),
>
> Hanswww.ht-lab.com
>
> Got that Diagram. Thanx

....(I'm not a 'He')

HT-Lab

"Neha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Nov 12, 2:09 pm, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which
>> has
>> a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
>> compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and
>> finally
>> double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very
>> nice
>> diagram.
>>
>> I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
>> (added in 6.3),
>>
>> Hanswww.ht-lab.com
>>
>> Got that Diagram. Thanx

> ...(I'm not a 'He')

My apologies, next time I will google first

http://www.behindthename.com/name/neha

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Mike Treseler

HT-Lab wrote:

> To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
> compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
> double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
> diagram.

That's useful.
Thanks for the tip.

-- Mike Treseler