Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Extending screen over 2 monitors

Extending screen over 2 monitors

NOTTNICK

I've just got myself a great 22" widescreen monitor.
2 things.

1. I'd like to be able to use my old 17"TFT to extend the desktop when I
am working with music files. This means I will need a new graphics card
with dual capabilities. I've got a RADEON 9200 at the moment with only
one VGA output.

My new monitor will take HDCP.

I don't play games or need powerful graphics but want to get the best
from the monitor.

So, will a graphics card with HDCP & VGA work in sync as 2 separate
outputs to use as extended monitor? (ie. like 2 X VGA)

Am I maybe wasting my money on this as I won't really notice a
difference in normal use - better to go for a normal 2X VGA?

2. My photos all get stretched, I'd like to view them normally. Is there
a simple way to set things up so I can chose ratio quickly and easily
(ie a key press)?

I'd apprecite advice here.

Thanks

Nick

theokochen

"NOTTNICK" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...