Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > McCarthyism?

McCarthyism?

Caibre Riada

MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
November 7, 2007

When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
reasons not to read my book, such as that I wear short skirts, date
boys, and that "Treason" was not a scholarly tome.

After printing rabidly venomous accounts of McCarthy for half a
century based on zero research, liberals would only accept research
presenting an alternative view of McCarthy that included, as the Los
Angeles Times put it, at least the "pretense of scholarly
throat-clearing and objectivity."

This week, they got it. The great M. Stanton Evans has finally
released Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe
McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies . Based on a
lifetime's work, including nearly a decade of thoroughgoing research,
stores of original documents and never-before-seen government files,
this 672-page book ends the argument on Joe McCarthy. Look for it
hidden behind stacks of Bill Clinton's latest self-serving book at a
bookstore near you.

Evans' book is such a tour de force that liberals are already
preparing a "yesterday's news" defense -- as if they had long ago
admitted the truth about McCarthy. Yes, and they fought shoulder to
shoulder with Ronald Reagan to bring down the Evil Empire. Thus,
Publishers Weekly preposterously claims that "the history Evans
relates is already largely known, if not fully accepted." Somebody
better tell George Clooney.

The McCarthy period is the Rosetta stone of all liberal lies. It is
the textbook on how they rewrite history -- the sound chamber of
liberal denunciations, their phony victimhood as they demean and
oppress their enemies, their false imputation of dishonesty to their
opponents, their legalization of every policy dispute, their ability
to engage in lock-step shouting campaigns, and the black motives
concealed by their endless cacophony.

The true story of Joe McCarthy, told in meticulous, irrefutable detail
in "Blacklisted by History," is that from 1938 to 1946, the Democratic
Party acquiesced in a monstrous conspiracy being run through the State
Department, the military establishment, and even the White House to
advance the Soviet cause within the U.S. government.

In the face of the Democrats' absolute refusal to admit to their
fecklessness, fatuity and recklessness in allowing known Soviet spies
to penetrate the deepest levels of government, McCarthy demanded an
accounting.

Even if one concedes to on-the-one-hand-on-the-other-hand whiners like
Ronald Radosh that Truman's Secretary of State Dean Acheson didn't
like communism, his record is what it was. And that record was to
treat Soviet spies like members of the Hasty Pudding Club.

Rather than own up to their moral blindness to Soviet espionage,
Democrats fired up the liberal slander machine, which would be
deployed again and again over the next half century to the present
day. In hiding their own perfidy, liberals were guilty of every sin
they lyingly imputed to McCarthy. There were no "McCarthyites" until
liberals came along.

Blacklisted by History proves that every conventional belief about
McCarthy is wrong, including:

-- That he lied about his war service: He was a tailgunner in World
War II;
-- That he was a drunk: He would generally nurse a single drink all
night;
-- That he made the whole thing up: He produced loads of Soviet spies
in government jobs;
-- That he just did it for political gain: He understood perfectly the
godless evil of communism.

Ironically, for all of their love of conspiracy theories -- the
rigging of the 2000 election, vote suppression in Ohio in 2004, 9/11
being an inside job, oil companies covering up miracle technology that
would allow cars to run on dirt, Britney Spears' career, etc., etc. --
when presented with an actual conspiracy of Soviet spies infiltrating
the U.S. government, they laughed it off like world-weary skeptics and
dedicated themselves to slandering Joe McCarthy.

Then as now, liberals protect themselves from detection with wild
calumnies against anybody who opposes them. They have no interest in
-- or aptitude for -- persuasion. Their goal is to anathematize their
enemies. Blacklisted by History removes the curse from one of the
greatest patriots in American history.

COPYRIGHT 2007 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE
4520 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111

philo

"Caibre Riada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
> November 7, 2007
>

> When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
> Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
> chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
> reasons not to read my book, such as that I wear short skirts, date
> boys, and that "Treason" was not a scholarly tome.

<snip>

You are a complete idiot. Although it's true that liberals may have
underestimated the evils of the USSR and their form of Communism...
Sen. McCarthy *NEVER* unearthed one real Communist.

All McCarthy did was ruin the careers of a lot of people who were no threat
to the US.

Now if someone was a true defender of the US and ended up doing more harm
than good,
that would be one thing... But McCarthy did NO good whatsoever!

Mara

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:31:44 -0600, Caibre Riada <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
>November 7, 2007
>

>When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
>Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
>chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
>reasons not to read my book,

<snipped crap>

Good enough for me.

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

theokochen

"Caibre Riada" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>
> Ironically, for all of their love of conspiracy theories -- the
> rigging of the 2000 election, vote suppression in Ohio in 2004, 9/11
> being an inside job, oil companies covering up miracle technology that
> would allow cars to run on dirt, Britney Spears' career, etc., etc. --
> when presented with an actual conspiracy of Soviet spies infiltrating
> the U.S. government, they laughed it off like world-weary skeptics and
> dedicated themselves to slandering Joe McCarthy.
>
> Then as now, liberals protect themselves from detection with wild
> calumnies against anybody who opposes them. They have no interest in
> -- or aptitude for -- persuasion. Their goal is to anathematize their
> enemies. Blacklisted by History removes the curse from one of the
> greatest patriots in American history.
>
> COPYRIGHT 2007 ANN COULTER
> DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Caibre Riada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
> > November 7, 2007
> >

> > When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
> > Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
> > chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
> > reasons not to read my book, such as that I wear short skirts, date
> > boys, and that "Treason" was not a scholarly tome.
> >

> <snip>
>
> You are a complete idiot. Although it's true that liberals may have
> underestimated the evils of the USSR and their form of Communism...
> Sen. McCarthy *NEVER* unearthed one real Communist.
>
> All McCarthy did was ruin the careers of a lot of people who were no

threat
> to the US.
>
> Now if someone was a true defender of the US and ended up doing more harm
> than good,
> that would be one thing... But McCarthy did NO good whatsoever!

Actually I missed the Ann Coulter sig...the first time I read it
I guesss I was too amazed to scroll all the down!