Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate - dialled an incorrect number error

Sipgate - dialled an incorrect number error

Nitefoll

Hi All

When I place a call to my sipgate number from a mobile I get the standard
operator "You have dialled an incorrect number" message.

- The number is correct, I've treble checked it.
- I have credit in my sipgate account.
- PAP2 adapter says it connected to sipgate.
- It was working like 10 mins ago, I only changed the codec used.
- I can make calls out from my sipgate phone.

Has anyone else had this issue with sipgate and is it a sipgate routing
problem? what causes it?

Any info would be much appreciated.

nitefoll

Spec:
BT Voyager Quartet 1500 Phone
Linksys PAP2 - Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
VirginMedia 2Mb broadband.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Nitefoll wrote:
> Hi All
>
> When I place a call to my sipgate number from a mobile I get the
> standard operator "You have dialled an incorrect number" message.
>
> - The number is correct, I've treble checked it.
> - I have credit in my sipgate account.
> - PAP2 adapter says it connected to sipgate.
> - It was working like 10 mins ago, I only changed the codec used.
> - I can make calls out from my sipgate phone.
>
> Has anyone else had this issue with sipgate and is it a sipgate
> routing problem? what causes it?
>
> Any info would be much appreciated.
>
> nitefoll
>
> Spec:
> BT Voyager Quartet 1500 Phone
> Linksys PAP2 - Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
> VirginMedia 2Mb broadband.

Could be a NAT problem.

--
Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow

Nitefoll

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:09:18 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Nitefoll wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> When I place a call to my sipgate number from a mobile I get the
>> standard operator "You have dialled an incorrect number" message.
>>
>> - The number is correct, I've treble checked it.
>> - I have credit in my sipgate account.
>> - PAP2 adapter says it connected to sipgate.
>> - It was working like 10 mins ago, I only changed the codec used.
>> - I can make calls out from my sipgate phone.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this issue with sipgate and is it a sipgate
>> routing problem? what causes it?
>>
>> Any info would be much appreciated.
>>
>> nitefoll
>>
>> Spec:
>> BT Voyager Quartet 1500 Phone
>> Linksys PAP2 - Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
>> VirginMedia 2Mb broadband.

>Could be a NAT problem.

Spot on, thanks for the help.

nitefoll.