Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Corrupted JPG File

Corrupted JPG File

MarcusLeach311

Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?

Thanks

MarcusLeach311

Morton

MarcusLeach311 wrote:
> Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
> We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
> completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
> when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
> have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
> software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> MarcusLeach311

Hi ,

I have an SD card that my Vista PC mistakenly deleted the images from,
when I clicked on to delete a shortcut only. I tried several free and
paid recovery software types, with no success. Then I tried "e-image
recovery", and it recovered 33 of the 36 images that were important.
This to me is wonderful, inasmuch as the images were of a friend's
wedding. (Yes, there was a pro there; I just did my small bit.)
I can therefore highly recommend e-image recovery. You can get a free
trial version to see if recovery occurs, then pay for the full version
and actually recover the images.

Good luck.

Morton Linder

mianileng@yahoo.com

On Nov 10, 8:32 pm, "MarcusLeach311" <u38943@uwe> wrote:
> Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
> We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
> completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
> when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
> have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
> software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> MarcusLeach311

Have you tried PC Inspector ? I've had good results with it. The
chances of recovery depend on what was done to the hard disk
partition after deleting the photos *and* on the method used for
recovery. If you do a sector-by-sector scan, you will often get
a meaningless jumble of data, all sorted in lumps of equal size.

PC Inspector is freeware.
http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file...htm?language=1

mscotgrove@aol.com

On Nov 11, 8:15 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Nov 10, 8:32 pm, "MarcusLeach311" <u38943@uwe> wrote:
>
> > Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
> > We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
> > completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
> > when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
> > have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
> > software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?

> > Thanks

> > MarcusLeach311

> Have you tried PC Inspector ? I've had good results with it. The
> chances of recovery depend on what was done to the hard disk
> partition after deleting the photos *and* on the method used for
> recovery. If you do a sector-by-sector scan, you will often get
> a meaningless jumble of data, all sorted in lumps of equal size.
>
> PC Inspector is freeware.http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file...htm?language=1

The lastest version of my recovery program www.cnwrecovery.com does
attempt to recover jpegs, and avi's that have been fragmented. For a
memory chip, the success is fairly high - but no program will ever be
always 100%. Most recovery programs will only work with a sequential
file when running in 'Raw' mode. This will often give thumbnails, or
partial images if a fragmented file is found.

CDs don't normally get fragmented and so success is again very high.

Recovery from both media can either be logical - reading the file
structure, or ina Raw format working on file signatures, and
contents. Even in raw mode, most photos are recovered with a valid
date which does help sorting even when the file name has been lost.

Michael
CnW Recovery