Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > smoke alarm making chime sound

smoke alarm making chime sound

Himanshu Jani

Hello All,

Since morning, smoke detector is making chime sound, every 3 seconds.
Can someone please tell me what could be wrong?
First of all, my house is safe , there is nothing dangeer in it.

Thank you very much and best regards
Himanshu Jani

SJP

"Himanshu Jani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jMfZi.5876$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All,
>
> Since morning, smoke detector is making chime sound, every 3 seconds.
> Can someone please tell me what could be wrong?
> First of all, my house is safe , there is nothing dangeer in it.

Changed the battery?

who'sthat

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:41:46 -0000, "SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Himanshu Jani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:jMfZi.5876$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Since morning, smoke detector is making chime sound, every 3 seconds.
>> Can someone please tell me what could be wrong?
>> First of all, my house is safe , there is nothing dangeer in it.
>>

>Changed the battery?

Which you should do every spring or fall at the time change.

Jerry G.

If your smoke detector is chiming, "CHANGE THE BATTERY!".

--

Jerry G.

"Himanshu Jani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jMfZi.5876$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello All,

Since morning, smoke detector is making chime sound, every 3 seconds.
Can someone please tell me what could be wrong?
First of all, my house is safe , there is nothing dangeer in it.

Thank you very much and best regards
Himanshu Jani

tmakhani tmakhani is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu Jani View Post
Hello All,

Since morning, smoke detector is making chime sound, every 3 seconds.
Can someone please tell me what could be wrong?
First of all, my house is safe , there is nothing dangeer in it.

Thank you very much and best regards
Himanshu Jani
I changed the battery and about two days later it started chiming. When I removed the battery it was very warm.