Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > LDPinch malware

LDPinch malware

alice

I have a XP PC that has the PWS.LDPinchIE malware on it. At this
point, after finally getting it to do some windows updates, there seem
to be no actual issues. But when I can with Spybot it still finds it,
and I'd like to get rid of it. I can have spybot delete it, but it
just comes back after a reboot. I've tried Adaware and Hijack this,
and they don't find it. Is there a way to get rid of this for good?
None of my running processes or startup processes look suspicious at
all, I've looked them all up on line and they are good.

meerkat

"alice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a XP PC that has the PWS.LDPinchIE malware on it. At this
> point, after finally getting it to do some windows updates, there seem
> to be no actual issues. But when I can with Spybot it still finds it,
> and I'd like to get rid of it. I can have spybot delete it, but it
> just comes back after a reboot. I've tried Adaware and Hijack this,
> and they don't find it. Is there a way to get rid of this for good?
> None of my running processes or startup processes look suspicious at
> all, I've looked them all up on line and they are good.

Try here with bughunter (free).
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...ugHunter.shtml

pcbutts1

I sure hope you took my advise and dumped Norton. That password stealing
virus you have has recently morphed and the new variant probably is not
detected by all anti-virus software yet. You are going to have to edit the
registry.
Before you edit the registry, you should make a backup. Click Start>Run.
Type 'Regedit' and press enter.On the 'Registry' menu, click 'Export
Registry File'. In the 'Export Range' panel, click 'All', then save your
registry as Backup.
Each user has a registry area named HKEY_USERS\[random number]\indicating
user. For each user locate the key:

HKU\[random number]\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\put il=
C:\<Windows>\<random filename> and delete it if it exists.

Close the registry editor and reboot your computer. Run HJT and post the log
so I can analyze it.

"alice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a XP PC that has the PWS.LDPinchIE malware on it. At this
> point, after finally getting it to do some windows updates, there seem
> to be no actual issues. But when I can with Spybot it still finds it,
> and I'd like to get rid of it. I can have spybot delete it, but it
> just comes back after a reboot. I've tried Adaware and Hijack this,
> and they don't find it. Is there a way to get rid of this for good?
> None of my running processes or startup processes look suspicious at
> all, I've looked them all up on line and they are good.

Malware Turning off NAV on boot fkasner Computer Support 7 02-19-2005 06:56 AM
Malware twitchy Computer Support 7 12-29-2004 09:14 AM
Malware Echuca Firefox 1 10-26-2004 07:09 AM
Malware Jaypie Computer Support 5 04-17-2004 03:43 AM
anti malware software EDWARD DOYLE Computer Support 3 04-15-2004 04:35 PM

Advertisments