Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > pennywise: check your clock!

pennywise: check your clock!

richard

In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????

Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?

Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

Tester

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????
>
>Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?
>
>Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

I got some spam in which a forged Received: from header line was a day
ahead. With legitimate mail that claims to be ahead I sometimes ask
why they can't send me something useful from the future like stock
market results or sporting scores.

Of course, this week in the U.S. and Canada one could be an hour off
if one changed back to standard time on the old date, ran the time
zone patch and then went back another hour on the new date.

richard

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:30:43 GMT, Tester wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????
>>
>>Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?
>>
>>Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

> I got some spam in which a forged Received: from header line was a day
> ahead. With legitimate mail that claims to be ahead I sometimes ask
> why they can't send me something useful from the future like stock
> market results or sporting scores.

That's not necessarily forged. All you need to do is to change the date on
your clock. If it came from a day ahead, it could have also been sent from
somewhere like Australia which could account for the day.

Or better, lottery winning numbers; sports events winners for us gamblers;
and numerous other money making schemes.

> Of course, this week in the U.S. and Canada one could be an hour off
> if one changed back to standard time on the old date, ran the time
> zone patch and then went back another hour on the new date.

chuckcar

Tester <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) g:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????
>>
>>Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?
>>
>>Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

> I got some spam in which a forged Received: from header line was a day
> ahead. With legitimate mail that claims to be ahead I sometimes ask
> why they can't send me something useful from the future like stock
> market results or sporting scores.
>
> Of course, this week in the U.S. and Canada one could be an hour off
> if one changed back to standard time on the old date, ran the time
> zone patch and then went back another hour on the new date.

Interesting side note to daylight savings time - Recently my ISP has
been unable (or unwilling) to grant an IP to my DSL box between 6 p.m.
and midnight most days. However, since the change it has changed to
11:00 p.m. The strange thing is it's still starts at 6:00 p.m. (within
10 minutes after that time reliably). Any ideas? Obviously it's the ISP.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )