Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to link different site-packages to different Python?

How to link different site-packages to different Python?

Davy

Hi all,

I have Python 2.4 and 2.5 in my PC. And PythonWin is installed as IDE.

When I tried to use site-packages "Numpy", I installed the both
version (i.e. for 2.4 and 2.5).

Python 2.4 and Numpy for it work together well.

But when I type "from numpy import *" in Python 2.5. It throw out an
error indicate that the numpy library is link to Python 2.4 package?
How to fix this problem?

The error pasted below is copied from Python 2.5 PythonWin console:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\nupic-1.4\lib\python2.4\site-packages\numpy
\__init__.py", line 39, in <module>
import core
File "C:\Program Files\nupic-1.4\lib\python2.4\site-packages\numpy
\core\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
import multiarray
ImportError: Module use of python24.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.

Best regards,
Davy

Boris Borcic

Davy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Python 2.4 and 2.5 in my PC. And PythonWin is installed as IDE.
>
> When I tried to use site-packages "Numpy", I installed the both
> version (i.e. for 2.4 and 2.5).
>
> Python 2.4 and Numpy for it work together well.
>
> But when I type "from numpy import *" in Python 2.5. It throw out an
> error indicate that the numpy library is link to Python 2.4 package?
> How to fix this problem?

Shouldn't occur if you properly installed python+pythonwin+numpy
from their respective installer once for each of python 2.4 and 2.5. You may use
the (Tools/Browse Pythonpath) and (Tools/Edit PythonPath) menu items in each of
Pythonwin 2.4 and 2.5 to sort things out. If your lazyness isn't caused by your
impatience, a possibility is to deinstall and then reinstall everything

Terry Reedy

news:47344c58$(E-Mail Removed)...