Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Let's all buy from Sears

Let's all buy from Sears

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

you bet http://bfads.net/Sears

--

Remember the Dell Dude?
He's now waiting tables at Tortilla Flats

ANovice

Subject: Sears - Christmas shopping has already started

[...]

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following
e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead
of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate
your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young
men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden
they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for
this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do
appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

Evan Platt

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:37:17 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Remember the Dell Dude?
>He's now waiting tables at Tortilla Flats
>http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/11/...a_dude_at.html

So there's hope for the "Can you hear me now" guy.

Blinky the Shark

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:37:17 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>Remember the Dell Dude?
>>He's now waiting tables at Tortilla Flats
>>http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/11/...a_dude_at.html

> So there's hope for the "Can you hear me now" guy.

Sure, but first he has to get busted.

"Dude, you're getting a cell."

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Christopher Jahn

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:37:17 -0800, (E-Mail Removed)
> wrote:
>

>>Remember the Dell Dude?
>>He's now waiting tables at Tortilla Flats
>>http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/11/..._tequila_dude_
>>at.html

> So there's hope for the "Can you hear me now" guy.

I dunno. He's still making a pot of money as the guy in front of
the network.

--
} Christopher Jahn
{ http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

I don't want anybody else; when I think about you I touch myself

Evan Platt

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:26:22 -0600, Christopher Jahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I dunno. He's still making a pot of money as the guy in front of
>the network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdTVaMjwD4

hehe

doS

For associates of Sears Holdings (other than certain part-time and seasonal
associates) who are called to duty in the National Guard or Reserve, we make
up any difference between the associate's pay at Sears Holdings and his or
her military pay - for up to five years.

"ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Subject: Sears - Christmas shopping has already started
>
> I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice.
> Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't
> withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at
> Sears this year?
>
> How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
> law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing
> more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of
> being called up.
>
> Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all
> benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called

up
> reservist employees for up to two years.
>
> I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be
> recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be

sure
> to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the
> positive reinforcement it well deserves.
>
> Pass it on.
>
> Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following
> e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:
>
> I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is,

the
> Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for

your
> company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears

instead
> of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.
>

> This is their answer to my e-mail:
>
> Dear Customer:
>
> Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate
> your positive feedback.
>
> Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our

young
> men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden
> they bear at this time.
>
> Bill Thorn
> Sears Customer Care
> (E-Mail Removed)
> 1-800-349-4358
>
> Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for
> this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do
> appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!
>
> It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire

article)

Plato

ANovice wrote:

> How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
> law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing

There is NO penality assessed if an employer does not rehire a person
after their call of duty.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

nobody >

Plato wrote:
> ANovice wrote:
>> How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
>> law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing

> There is NO penality assessed if an employer does not rehire a person
> after their call of duty.

Some states do have penalties for not making a full-faith attempt at
rehiring returning reservists.