Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help with recovering Movie of a DVD-R

Help with recovering Movie of a DVD-R

Film Buff

I Recorded a movie off TCM this afternoon
When it finished it stated "Writing file information"
When the message disappeared I assumed it was finished just as my other
recording had stated.
When I went to finalize the DVD - it gave me an error and said it could not finalize
It.
Does anyone know of a utility that will recover the data?
Your help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I Recorded a movie off TCM this afternoon
>When it finished it stated "Writing file information"
>When the message disappeared I assumed it was finished just as my other
>recording had stated.
>When I went to finalize the DVD - it gave me an error and said it could not finalize
>It.
>Does anyone know of a utility that will recover the data?
>Your help will be greatly appreciated
>Thanks

I've had good look with ISO-Buster. There is a free version that
does not do as much as the $30 version - and I liked it so well
I went for the pay version about 2 years ago.

It can be configured to add zeroes for non-readable sectors, it can
look for data by file-type, and myriad other options.

On a disk with a lot of bad sections it can take a LONG time.
I had one take about 8 hours on an overnight run but recovered
>most< of the data.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com