Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: How about that Super Bowl???

OT: How about that Super Bowl???

Robert Williams

> > Roethlisberger was definitely the stronger of the two

> We must have watched different games. Big Ben is the one with the 22.6
> rating.

I know what his rating was, and I know what Hasselbecks was, but of the
two.....Big Ben still outperformed Matt. Ben knew where and when to hit his
mark...Matt had a hard time even hitting the bench.

Jtyc

> <sigh>... yes.

THIS year it will be different though! This is THEIR YEAR!!!

YEAH BABY!!!

FrisbeeŽ

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <sigh>... yes.

> THIS year it will be different though! This is THEIR YEAR!!!
>
> YEAH BABY!!!

You've got at least one Gator on your team... it could happen.

There was one Gator on Seattle's and one on Pittsburgh's.

Even though I've been a Steelers fan for over thirty years (Shut up,
Briscobar), I was rooting for the Bears early on.

kpg

Jtyc <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

>> Roethlisberger did NOT score

> I would accept that call more readily if the side judge hadn't marked
> him down first, then changed his mind. I thought that was odd.

The slo-mo showed the ball crossing the line. Not by much, but
it did cross, then he was thrown back almost at the same instant.

I don't know what the SJ saw that made his hesitate, that was odd.

I thought the game was better than most SB's not becuase of the
fantastic play, but becuase it was anybodies game (well almost)
until the end. A lot of other SB's were over at half time.

Jtyc

> Ben knew where and when to hit his mark...Matt had a hard time even
> hitting the bench.

But.. but... Matt had a higher completion percentage...

err... uh...

*boggle*

Robert Williams

> I wonder if a ref has ever been taken to court for bad calls.
> Roethlisberger did NOT score, and that Seattle touchdown should not have
> been called back. Total bullsh!t IMNSHO. Even a crap quarterback can win
> if the zebras are on your side.

Re-check the footage....the ball crossed the plane while Ben was in the
air...*that* was a TD. As for the Seattle TD, it *was* OPI, but the ref wasn't
going to call it until Hope said something, so I think you are correct, it
should have been a TD.

> > All in all, a better SB than most.
> >

> Well, the Stones played well.

The Stones sucked! The were off key and none of the music sounded right. The
Dixie Chicks could have put out better music. And *yes* I have seen the Stones
live, and I have seen dozens of other bands live, so I know what it is supposed
to sound like.

> > Now to the real topic - what about the commercials????
> >
> > I only remember one I liked but it must not have made that big an
> > impression on me cause now I can't even remember it.

> The "streaker" was hilarious!

Yeah that was my 3rd favorite...right under the FedEx Caveman, and the Chick on
the Airplane

Robert Williams

> I want my Sunday afternoon back!

I want my life back

Robert Williams

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My favourite was the "Benny Hill" takeoff fpr ringtones. However it
> will probably be lost on most Americans.

Yeah, that was a classic

Robert Williams

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My favourite was the "Benny Hill" takeoff fpr ringtones. However it
> will probably be lost on most Americans.

Didn't you just say that? (Groundhog Day)

Robert Williams

> > I would accept that call more readily if the side judge hadn't marked
> > him down first, then changed his mind. I thought that was odd.

> The slo-mo showed the ball crossing the line. Not by much, but
> it did cross, then he was thrown back almost at the same instant.
>
> I don't know what the SJ saw that made his hesitate, that was odd.

There are some times you have to think for a second....it's not like he sat
there for a minute scratching his head, it was only a minor hesitation.

> I thought the game was better than most SB's not becuase of the
> fantastic play, but becuase it was anybodies game (well almost)
> until the end. A lot of other SB's were over at half time.

Absolutely....and *that* is what makes a good game....If it were a blowout in
the 1st quarter, I would have turned it off.

Why super.super is not allowed$B!)(B bearice@gmail.com Java 7 04-06-2008 01:11 AM
super.super.super how? Java 24 02-24-2005 10:51 PM
super. could there be a simpler super? Kerim Borchaev Python 4 01-15-2004 03:15 PM
WHICH LENS? - SIGMA 70-300mm DL MACRO Super-II or 28-300mm AF Super Zoom 4 - for Canon 300d Rebel Digital SLR? No Spam Digital Photography 24 11-27-2003 08:21 AM
Getting the super class via the super() function Fernando Rodriguez Python 2 11-22-2003 12:08 AM

Advertisments