Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ACDSee Pro2 - Installation Question

ACDSee Pro2 - Installation Question

BRH

A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my
photos with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of
the trial period.

Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now
I want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
registration code during this process, so my installation still is
listed as a trial version that will expire in a few days.

I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing
from the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.

ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully
registered version without risking the loss of my database?

Thanks!

Paul Furman

BRH wrote:
> A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
> Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my
> photos with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of
> the trial period.
>
> Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now
> I want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
> anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
> version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
> installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
> registration code during this process, so my installation still is
> listed as a trial version that will expire in a few days.
>
> I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing
> from the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.
>
> ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
> suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully
> registered version without risking the loss of my database?

No guarantees but just search the ACD folder for *.* & copy the one
large file with the recent modified date. I know deleting that file
cleans the database

Swiss Tony

<BRH> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
>Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my photos
>with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of the trial
>period.
>
> Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now I
> want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
> anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
> version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
> installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
> registration code during this process, so my installation still is listed
> as a trial version that will expire in a few days.
>
> I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing from
> the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.
>
> ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
> suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully registered
> version without risking the loss of my database?
>
> Thanks!

Maybe this will help you.
http://www.acdsee.com/support/knowle...rticle?id=2000

BRH

Swiss Tony wrote:
> <BRH> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
>>Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my photos
>>with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of the trial
>>period.
>>
>>Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now I
>>want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
>>anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
>>version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
>>installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
>>registration code during this process, so my installation still is listed
>>as a trial version that will expire in a few days.
>>
>>I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing from
>>the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.
>>
>>ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
>>suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully registered
>>version without risking the loss of my database?
>>
>>Thanks!

> Maybe this will help you.
> http://www.acdsee.com/support/knowle...rticle?id=2000

That was it exactly! Thanks, Tony!

Swiss Tony

<BRH> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> That was it exactly! Thanks, Tony!

11:06pm, I finally did my good deed for the day

Removing images from image well in ACDSee Pro2 Tahoe Rob Computer Support 1 02-08-2008 02:45 AM
Problem with ACDSee 7. Edited pic jumps to the end of the thumbnails in ACDSee after exiting Photoshop.. Madison Lapierre Digital Photography 1 03-07-2005 09:08 PM
MSI K7T266 Pro2-U Flashing Disaster Tyler Moore Computer Support 7 10-28-2004 11:44 PM
MSI K7T266 pro2 philo Computer Support 0 09-29-2003 06:26 AM
K7T266 PRO2-U Motherboard alarm randy Computer Support 0 08-13-2003 06:33 PM

Advertisments