Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SXS errors Nero-Vista 64 update.......Carlos

SXS errors Nero-Vista 64 update.......Carlos

Kue2

I guess they are seriously looking into errors in the event viewer in Vista
64. I received this today.......from Nero .....read below..............I
already sent cab file to them this morning 07/11/07 not UTC..... time
lol........,awaiting progress....

In order to analyze your problem properly, we require some additional
information.
Please click the following link in order to download the file
"GetSupportFiles_Full.zip" to your hard drive:
Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the
tool by double-clicking on the EXE-file.
-> The window "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" will open.
The execution of the tool may take some minutes.
You can track the single steps in the displayed window.
After the tool has run successfully, you will find a file called
"NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.
Please send us this file as an email attachment.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us
again.

Best Regards,

Dirk Tillinger
Nero Support

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Hugh,
Thanks for the update!
Let's hope that by v8.9 they have it all figured out.
Last weekend I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the mess (leftovers) that
Nero 8 trial uninstall had left in my registry (multiple references to non
existing decoders).

Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> I guess they are seriously looking into errors in the event viewer in Vista
> 64. I received this today.......from Nero .....read below..............I
> already sent cab file to them this morning 07/11/07 not UTC..... time
> lol........,awaiting progress....
>
> In order to analyze your problem properly, we require some additional
> information.
> Please click the following link in order to download the file
> "GetSupportFiles_Full.zip" to your hard drive:
> Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the
> tool by double-clicking on the EXE-file.
> -> The window "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" will open.
> The execution of the tool may take some minutes.
> You can track the single steps in the displayed window.
> After the tool has run successfully, you will find a file called
> "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.
> Please send us this file as an email attachment.
> Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us
> again.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dirk Tillinger
> Nero Support

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

My best guess is that they forgot to include the necessary x86 VC++ dll's in
the Nero 8 package.
If you take a look at the SxS errors in event viewer you will see what I mean.
It is calling dll's that are not present where it is looking for them.
I think is is a version conflict.
In my case, my dll's were newer than the required ones.
This is all "guess-work" (is there such a word in English?) I did AFTER the
uninstall and I didn't feel like reinstalling to prove my theory.

Carlos