Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTML Code embedded within HTML Page as Text

HTML Code embedded within HTML Page as Text

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

I know this is a somewhat rudimentary question but...

I want to display HTML code on an HTML page but I want the code to display
as text. In other words, I want the code not to be rendered as HTML on the
HTML page, but rather have it rendered as simple text.

This must be easy to do as I see it everywhere.

TIA.

Mark Rae [MVP]

news(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want to display HTML code on an HTML page but I want the code to display
> as text. In other words, I want the code not to be rendered as HTML on the
> HTML page, but rather have it rendered as simple text.
>
> This must be easy to do as I see it everywhere.

<pre>

</pre>

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

I initially tried this (before the post) and it did not work.

For example the code below showed up as a hyperlink...

<pre>
</pre>

"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I want to display HTML code on an HTML page but I want the code to display
> > as text. In other words, I want the code not to be rendered as HTML on the
> > HTML page, but rather have it rendered as simple text.
> >
> > This must be easy to do as I see it everywhere.

> <pre>
>
> </pre>
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I initially tried this (before the post) and it did not work.

Works for me...

You can see an example of it here:
http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linepar/_PRE.html

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

IfThenElse

This does NOT work
<PRE>
</PRE>

However This Works
<PRE>
&lt;a href="www.blah.com"&gt; Click here to got to blah.com&lt;/a&gt;
</PRE>

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I initially tried this (before the post) and it did not work.

> Works for me...
>
> You can see an example of it here:
> http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linepar/_PRE.html
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

"IfThenElse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:erYYK%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I initially tried this (before the post) and it did not work.

>> Works for me...
>>
>> You can see an example of it here:
>> http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linepar/_PRE.html

> This does NOT work
> <PRE>
> </PRE>
>
> However This Works
> <PRE>
> &lt;a href="www.blah.com"&gt; Click here to got to blah.com&lt;/a&gt;
> </PRE>

Yes - I forgot to mention the encoding part - apologies, group...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP