Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which Brand is the best for print quality HP, Brother, Canon, Epson,and or Oki Data?

Which Brand is the best for print quality HP, Brother, Canon, Epson,and or Oki Data?

Tyler W.

I have a brother printer right now and it makes descent prints but it's
a cheap printer it's a Brother MFC-210C but the only other printer I
have used I can't really compare it with because the price range for
each product is dramatically different from $50-$1999 so the other
printer I have used was a Epson stylus pro 4800 I would differently have
to say I liked the Epson's print quality a lot better but I liked the
brother's setup program a lot better because it was less complicated to use.
I am probably going to get a Laser Printer so which ever brand makes or
the certain model name(s) of there printers that make the best quality
for prints at an affordable price like $200-$400 dollars.

Charlie Self

On Nov 6, 6:45 pm, "Tyler W." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a brother printer right now and it makes descent prints but it's
> a cheap printer it's a Brother MFC-210C but the only other printer I
> have used I can't really compare it with because the price range for
> each product is dramatically different from $50-$1999 so the other
> printer I have used was a Epson stylus pro 4800 I would differently have
> to say I liked the Epson's print quality a lot better but I liked the
> brother's setup program a lot better because it was less complicated to use.
> I am probably going to get a Laser Printer so which ever brand makes or
> the certain model name(s) of there printers that make the best quality
> for prints at an affordable price like $200-$400 dollars.

HP offers one laser printer right now that might do what you want. I
think you'll find, though, that color laser printers in the lower
price ranges do not yet offer what inkjet photo printers offer in
terms of print quality. I'm not sure why you're concerned about the
set-up programs: that's a one time thing, and almost all of them are
fairly easy to use.

Either way, though, laser or inkjet, expect to pay a ton of money for
ink or toner cartridges.

ray

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:45:09 -0600, Tyler W. wrote:

> I have a brother printer right now and it makes descent prints but it's
> a cheap printer it's a Brother MFC-210C but the only other printer I
> have used I can't really compare it with because the price range for
> each product is dramatically different from $50-$1999 so the other
> printer I have used was a Epson stylus pro 4800 I would differently have
> to say I liked the Epson's print quality a lot better but I liked the
> brother's setup program a lot better because it was less complicated to use.
> I am probably going to get a Laser Printer so which ever brand makes or
> the certain model name(s) of there printers that make the best quality
> for prints at an affordable price like $200-$400 dollars.

I don't think you're going to find a color laser for under $500 that makes
decent photos - if that's what you're hinting at. IMHO any major brand
'photo' inkjet will give you good results (partial to HP and Epson,
myself). Couple that with a cheap (sub $100) mono laser, and you're in
reasonably good shape.

Dennis Pogson

Tyler W. wrote:
> I have a brother printer right now and it makes descent prints but
> it's
> a cheap printer it's a Brother MFC-210C but the only other printer I
> have used I can't really compare it with because the price range for
> each product is dramatically different from $50-$1999 so the other
> printer I have used was a Epson stylus pro 4800 I would differently
> have
> to say I liked the Epson's print quality a lot better but I liked the
> brother's setup program a lot better because it was less complicated
> to use. I am probably going to get a Laser Printer so which ever
> brand makes or
> the certain model name(s) of there printers that make the best quality
> for prints at an affordable price like $200-$400 dollars.

I use an Epson Photo 265 (probably superceded by now), which gives excellent
print quality with six ink cartridges. So far I have only had to replace 2
of these in the 12 months I have had the printer, and they cost 6.99 at UK
prices, probably cheaper elsewhere as this is rip-off land.

Only having to replace the cartridge that runs out is definitely easier on
the pocket, and the set-up was easy, just stick the cd-rom in the drive and
leave the rest to the software.

I have had appalling trouble with HP software, which has definitely put me
off buying any printer from them, no matter how well recommended.

Dennis.