Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > vista comp drops internet

vista comp drops internet

frenchu4@patmedia.net

using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Have you check if there is a new firmware for the router? This search result
may help too.

Vista incompatible issuesVista Incompatible issues. 1. Some switches or
routers may not compatible with Vista - Solutions: upgrade the firmware,
disable the IPv6, re-configure the ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistacompatible.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
> problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
> to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
> hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
> comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
> shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
> googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
> problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks

frenchu4@patmedia.net

On Nov 6, 10:09 pm, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Have you check if there is a new firmware for the router? This search result
> may help too.
>
> Vista incompatible issuesVista Incompatible issues. 1. Some switches or
> routers may not compatible with Vista - Solutions: upgrade the firmware,
> disable the IPv6, re-configure the ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistacompatible.htm
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
> > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
> > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
> > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
> > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
> > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
> > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
> > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks- Hide quoted text -

it is supposed to be compatible acc to linksys.I had trouble with the
firmware but I'm trying that later.thanks,

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If the computer is connected Wirelessly try temporarily with a wire to rule
out wireless problem.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
> problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
> to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
> hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
> comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
> shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
> googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
> problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks

frenchu4@patmedia.net

On Nov 7, 3:39 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> If the computer is connected Wirelessly try temporarily with a wire to rule
> out wireless problem.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
> > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
> > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
> > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
> > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
> > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
> > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
> > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks- Hide quoted text -

I did that, it worked fine.Still need to try firmware,my wife is
working from home so I have to wait till she is done.thanks for the
reply

frenchu4@patmedia.net

On Nov 7, 4:22 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Nov 7, 3:39 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi
> > If the computer is connected Wirelessly try temporarily with a wire to rule
> > out wireless problem.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).

> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...

> > > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
> > > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
> > > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
> > > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
> > > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
> > > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
> > > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
> > > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks- Hide quoted text -

> I did that, it worked fine.Still need to try firmware,my wife is
> working from home so I have to wait till she is done.thanks for the
> reply- Hide quoted text -

I can't update firmware.I tried a few diff ones linksys and some
hacked free ones.won't unzip for some reason,some error