Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Google anti-Phishing tool for Firefox

Google anti-Phishing tool for Firefox

History Fan

I just installed this beta extension from Firefox. So far, it works
okay. At least, the test page works properly. Just wondering if anyone
else has tried it? During installation, I choose Disable Enhanced Features,
because I felt the other option would give Google too much info about my web
surfing:

http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/safebrowsing/

History Fan

The Netcraft Toolbar for Firefox is a much better known anti-Phishing
program, but I like the Google version better because it doesn't install a
separate toolbar on your desktop, thereby using up more space.

"History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:57e19$43e63ab0$48311160$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just installed this beta extension from Firefox. So far, it works
> okay. At least, the test page works properly. Just wondering if anyone
> else has tried it? During installation, I choose Disable Enhanced
> Features, because I felt the other option would give Google too much info
> about my web surfing:
>
> http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/safebrowsing/

Tony Raven

History Fan wrote:
> The Netcraft Toolbar for Firefox is a much better known anti-Phishing
> program, but I like the Google version better because it doesn't install a
> separate toolbar on your desktop, thereby using up more space.

I prefer the Netcraft one - it gives more information than just
anti-phishing such as the site age, diversions, host network and a risk
rating that can help against a whole range of scams.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham