Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Vista displays wrong filename

Vista displays wrong filename

bighead

I have Windows XP Home as my file server with Vista running on a
laptop connected wirelessly.

On the XP box I shared a folder called "Users 2007-11-05 07;54;51".
>From my Vista box I can see that folder, edit the name and edit files

inside that folder. Howerver, the name is only "Users". Even when I
apparently edit the folder name on the XP box, the name when viewed
directly from the XP box doesn't change.

Is Vista changing the name or something and not showing me the time
stamp of the XP share?

Thank you,
Tod

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

It could be the Vista index. Do you have the same issue if disable index
from Add/Remove Applications?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net