Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows 2003 server - workgroup

Windows 2003 server - workgroup

sylvie.verge@gmail.com

Hi,

Here is my problem: I have 2 windows 2003 server computers connected
to the same network and in the same workgroup.

The users created locally on each computer are obviously different,
but:
is there a way to prevent the user Mycomputer1\user1 to log on
Mycomputer1 if the user Mycomputer2\user1 is already logged on
Mycomputer2?

What I want to do is forbid multiple sessions opening (which is easy
to do within a domain) for "similar users" in the same workgroup....

Thanks for the help!

John Holmes

"contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi,
>
> Here is my problem: I have 2 windows 2003 server computers connected
> to the same network and in the same workgroup.
>
> The users created locally on each computer are obviously different,
> but:
> is there a way to prevent the user Mycomputer1\user1 to log on
> Mycomputer1 if the user Mycomputer2\user1 is already logged on
> Mycomputer2?

No.

> What I want to do is forbid multiple sessions opening (which is easy
> to do within a domain) for "similar users" in the same workgroup....

Promote the servers to DC's then, if you already know that this is the
way to go.

> Thanks for the help!

Anytime.

--
Your mother was an acne ridden Jerry Lewis impersonator who prostituted
herself on a coca plantation near Bogota.