Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > error:not a class

error:not a class

yeah

Hi friends,

i am new to c++ programming,when i compile c++ program got the error
as " not a class or struct name .I added all the headers files it
asked when compiling, but still getting error.
suggest me any idea that where i would have done wrong.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

thanks&regards

Mike Wahler

"yeah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi friends,
>
> i am new to c++ programming,when i compile c++ program got the error
> as " not a class or struct name .I added all the headers files it
> asked when compiling, but still getting error.
> suggest me any idea that where i would have done wrong.

The first thing you did wrong was asking about C++
in a C newsgroup. They're different languages.
Post your message at comp.lang.c++. But in order
to get useful help, you'll need to post the minimum
amount of code that produces the error. I've been
reading comp.lang.c++ regularly, and have yet to
meet a clairvoyant there.

-Mike

Nick Keighley

On 6 Nov, 12:47, yeah <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i am new to c++ programming,when i compile c++ program got the error
> as " not a class or struct name .I added all the headers files it
> asked when compiling, but still getting error.
> suggest me any idea that where i would have done wrong.
>
> Any help in this would be appreciated.

if you have a problem with C++ then post to comp.lang.c++

you must provide more information if you want people to be
able to help you. Post a short, complete program that illustrates your
problem. Preferably it should compile except for the problem
you mention above.

--
Nick Keighley