Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco phone 7970 device defaults

cisco phone 7970 device defaults

Andy

Hi guys,

I have a Cisco phone 7970 running on Call Manager 4.1, i am having a
problem in the device defaults, not updating after i upgrade using the
exe file.

Is there a work around in the TFTPpath?

Regards,
Andy.

imranali.syed@gmail.com

can you please provide little more details in this regard as i think
this setting is in Call Manager through which you set default load
information(file to load), Device pool and Phone template.

and yes phone load these settings through TFTP settings

Ali

Andy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a Cisco phone 7970 running on Call Manager 4.1, i am having a
> problem in the device defaults, not updating after i upgrade using the
> exe file.
>
> Is there a work around in the TFTPpath?
>

> Regards,
> Andy.

Jon

On Nov 6, 7:59 am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> can you please provide little more details in this regard as i think
> this setting is in Call Manager through which you set default load
> information(file to load), Device pool and Phone template.
>
> and yes phone load these settings through TFTP settings
>
> Ali
>
> Andy wrote:
> > Hi guys,

> > I have a Cisco phone 7970 running on Call Manager 4.1, i am having a
> > problem in the device defaults, not updating after i upgrade using the
> > exe file.

> > Is there a work around in the TFTPpath?

> > Regards,
> > Andy.

If you are talking about upgrading the phone loads, and after you
install the new load and reset the phone, the load does not take. This
is verifiable by either going to the phones web GUI, or looking under
model information under settings....try these 2 things

1. restart the tftp service,
2. on the phone (for a 7970) press **#, this will unlock the phone
settings and an erase button becomes visable. Press erase and the
phone will wipe all of it's config. and reload.
**FYI on a older 7940/60, unlock the phone as before but highlight
network settings and select more.

Andy

Sorry guys,

I got so busy, that i had to put this problem on the side.

The phone is not booting at all now, when i upgrade or downgrede the
phone image using the exe file from cisco, it does not change in the
device defaults, i am running Callmanager 4.1 as a VMware image.

I will contact Cisco, and when resolved i will post it.

Regards,
Andy

Cisco 7970 gate control Andy Cisco 3 02-20-2008 03:34 PM
Cisco 7970 Series IP Endpoint jonx400 Case Modding 0 07-23-2007 06:39 PM
cisco 7970 idle url image R Siffredi Cisco 0 10-14-2005 07:50 PM
7970 background image ee Cisco 0 11-17-2004 09:30 PM

Advertisments