Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gigabyte GA-m61P-S3 video w98?

Gigabyte GA-m61P-S3 video w98?

Why

I am wanting to buy this motherboard but I need to run W98SE on a duel
boot. I can't find if the built in video or any PCIe card has drivers
for W98SE. I could also use a regular pci card if I have to.
Gigabyte won't answer my question. Video card makers only show XP &
Visa drivers.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

nobody >

Why wrote:
> I am wanting to buy this motherboard but I need to run W98SE on a duel
> boot. I can't find if the built in video or any PCIe card has drivers
> for W98SE. I could also use a regular pci card if I have to.
> Gigabyte won't answer my question. Video card makers only show XP &
> Visa drivers.
>
> Can anybody help? Thanks.

If you only need 2D graphics, ie general business aps etc, use the 98SE
standard/generic video driver for the onboard video. IIRC, it's smart
enough to recognize the amount of video RAM available to allow
reasonable resolution and color depth.

Why

>Why wrote:
>> I am wanting to buy this motherboard but I need to run W98SE on a duel
>> boot. I can't find if the built in video or any PCIe card has drivers
>> for W98SE. I could also use a regular pci card if I have to.
>> Gigabyte won't answer my question. Video card makers only show XP &
>> Visa drivers.
>>
>> Can anybody help? Thanks.

>If you only need 2D graphics, ie general business aps etc, use the 98SE
>standard/generic video driver for the onboard video. IIRC, it's smart
>enough to recognize the amount of video RAM available to allow
>reasonable resolution and color depth.

Thanks I hope it has that in the onboard video. All I need is 2D for
W98SE.