Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Dialling local numbers without dialling code

Dialling local numbers without dialling code

Herman

It seems that one of the voip numbers I have does not receive calls from
"local" numbers (BT/OneTel) without the dial code (01297 30xxxx). Is this a
situation that can be fixed (preferably through my ITSP) or do I just need
to accept the situation? Other numbers with different area codes seem to
work just fine.

Telephoneman

"Herman" <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@big foot.com> wrote
in message news:n7VXi.9361$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It seems that one of the voip numbers I have does not receive calls from
> "local" numbers (BT/OneTel) without the dial code (01297 30xxxx). Is this
> a situation that can be fixed (preferably through my ITSP) or do I just
> need to accept the situation? Other numbers with different area codes
> seem to work just fine.

I had this about a year ago. get someone who is in your area and who has a
BT line to report it as a fault. All they have to do is tell BT that they
can reach the number by dialling 01297 30XXXX but not as 30XXXX. You might
have to repeat the process for Onetel it all depends how they route calls.
Start with BT.

Liam

Herman

"Telephoneman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "Herman" <whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout!@big foot.com> wrote
> in message news:n7VXi.9361$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It seems that one of the voip numbers I have does not receive calls from
>> "local" numbers (BT/OneTel) without the dial code (01297 30xxxx). Is this
>> a situation that can be fixed (preferably through my ITSP) or do I just
>> need to accept the situation? Other numbers with different area codes
>> seem to work just fine.
>>

> I had this about a year ago. get someone who is in your area and who has a
> BT line to report it as a fault. All they have to do is tell BT that they
> can reach the number by dialling 01297 30XXXX but not as 30XXXX. You might
> have to repeat the process for Onetel it all depends how they route calls.
> Start with BT.
>
> Liam

Cheers - will try that.