Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > can I use a nikon d70 lithium ion battery in my Nikon d80?

can I use a nikon d70 lithium ion battery in my Nikon d80?

spydersweb34

I was wondering if it's possible to use a Nikon d70 lithium ion
battery in my Nikon d80? Both batteries seem to be the same size and
amperage. Is it dangerous to my camera or not? Thanks much!

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
spydersweb34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I was wondering if it's possible to use a Nikon d70 lithium ion
> battery in my Nikon d80? Both batteries seem to be the same size and
> amperage. Is it dangerous to my camera or not? Thanks much!

the d80 requires an en-el3e battery, so it can't use the d70 battery.
however, the d70 can easily use the battery from the d80.

Jürgen Exner

spydersweb34 wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to use a Nikon d70 lithium ion
> battery in my Nikon d80? Both batteries seem to be the same size and
> amperage. Is it dangerous to my camera or not? Thanks much!

Is it a EN-EL3e or a only a EN-EL3 without the control electronics?
The D80 requires the EN-EL3e model.

jue

spydersweb34

It's an EN-EL3. But physically, it fits inside the D80. Will it
work? has anyone ever tried this?

Jürgen Exner

spydersweb34 wrote:
> It's an EN-EL3. But physically, it fits inside the D80. Will it
> work?

For what it's worth: see D80 manual, page 13

jue

/dev/null

"spydersweb34" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It's an EN-EL3. But physically, it fits inside the D80. Will it
> work? has anyone ever tried this?

The EN-EL3e has a keyway in the case, the EN-EL3 doesn't have the groove so
it will not fit.