Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE 2008

MCSE 2008

=?Utf-8?B?QWplc2g=?=

Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003, also
any books available.

Consultant

yes, download them here:
http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials

"Ajesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003,
> also
> any books available.

kpg*

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:erqKFC$HIHA.5132
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

> yes, download them here:
> http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials
>
> "Ajesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003,
>> also
>> any books available.

THAT LINK IS BROKEN

CBIC

"kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99DFA33F52C6Bipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:erqKFC$HIHA.5132
> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
>
>> yes, download them here:
>> http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials
>>
>> "Ajesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003,
>>> also
>>> any books available.

> THAT LINK IS BROKEN

he forgot the www

Raven

even www wont works...

"CBIC" wrote:

> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns99DFA33F52C6Bipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> > "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:erqKFC$HIHA.5132
> > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
> >
> >> yes, download them here:
> >> http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials
> >>
> >> "Ajesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>

> > THAT LINK IS BROKEN

> he forgot the www

CBIC

"Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> even www wont works...

LOL

Mostly Gizzards

I can't find anything about MCSE 2008, but I did find this
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
Maybe that's because MCSE 2008 is a made-up certification? Hmm?

MG

"Adamu Garba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Raven,
>
> The exam 70-649 is the upgrade exams from MCSE 2003 to MCSE 2008. it
> incorporates 3 exams namely:
> 1. MCTS: active directory configuration
> 2. MCTS: application platform configuration
> 3. MCTS:Network infrastructure configuration
> passing 70-649 means passing all the 3 exam as a whole there by upgrading
> your MCSE 2003 to MCSE 2008.
>
> The books available also is changes in functionality from windows server
> 2003 to windows server 2008, then you download the windows server 2008 RC0
> or RC1 for your practice. Then face the battle when ready.
>
> You can find more info on www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp
> Hope this helps.
>
> Adamu Garba
> MCSE 2003 & 2008, MCSA 2003, MCTS
>
> "Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> even www wont works...
>>
>> "CBIC" wrote:
>>

>>> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns99DFA33F52C6Bipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...

>>> he forgot the www

Adamu Garba

Raven,

The exam 70-649 is the upgrade exams from MCSE 2003 to MCSE 2008. it
incorporates 3 exams namely:
1. MCTS: active directory configuration
2. MCTS: application platform configuration
3. MCTS:Network infrastructure configuration
passing 70-649 means passing all the 3 exam as a whole there by upgrading
your MCSE 2003 to MCSE 2008.

The books available also is changes in functionality from windows server
2003 to windows server 2008, then you download the windows server 2008 RC0
or RC1 for your practice. Then face the battle when ready.

You can find more info on www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp
Hope this helps.

Adamu Garba
MCSE 2003 & 2008, MCSA 2003, MCTS

"Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> even www wont works...
>
> "CBIC" wrote:
>

>> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns99DFA33F52C6Bipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
>> > "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

>> > THAT LINK IS BROKEN

>> he forgot the www

Lawrence Garvin

"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can't find anything about MCSE 2008, but I did find this
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

Which very explictly states what anybody who's actually paid attention
already knew...

The 70-649 merely provides accumulation of those three MCTS certs in a
single pop.

The MCITP certs have not yet been published as to requirements, but one can
speculate based on the training materials indicated in the exam spec pages
for the MCTS exams:

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647):
Enterprise Administrator Core Requirements (200

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-646): Server
Administrator Core Requirements (200

The phrase "Core Requirements" does a fairly good job of implying that there
will be =additional= exam requirements to obtain the MCITP. My first guess
being the expected requirement to pass the 70-620 Vista exam, although, who
knows, maybe MS might finally drop the desktop skill requirement from the
administrator cert requirements. (I doubt it, though.)

I would also expect similar elective requirements as the current MCSE2003 --
ergo an elective for the MCITP:SA and a design exam (not yet published) for
the MCITP:EA.

Furthermore, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-646.mspx contains
this statement:

When you pass Exam 70-646: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator,
you earn credit toward the following certification:

• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator

The key phrase being.... "...earn credit TOWARD..." which has generally
meant that there's more to the show than just that one exam.

and http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-647.mspx says:

When you pass Exam 70-647: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise
Administrator you earn credit toward the following certification:

• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator

likewise... "..earn credit TOWARD..."

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Mostly Gizzards

Good points.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...