Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > rommon mode won't respond to keystrokes

rommon mode won't respond to keystrokes

bw0507@gmail.com

I get the error message below and I am trying to give the command
'confreg' and the router won't respond to any keystrokes. I have tried
to send the ctrl-break during boot and nothing.

Is there another method?

Thanks

BW

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.
C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

device does not contain a valid magic number
boot: cannot open "flash:"
boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.
C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

rommon 1 >

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate Cisco ROMmon Recovery Procedures:

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-rommo...procedures.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Engineers
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272

BW

Thanks Brad but I have been through these.

All of these methods that the router responds to keystrokes which this
one doesn't...

BW

Thanks Brad but I have been through these docs.

As I eluded to in my original post, these presume that the router
responds to commmands entered, which this one doesn't...any other
thoughts?

dmcknigh@comcast.net

BW wrote:
> Thanks Brad but I have been through these docs.
>
> As I eluded to in my original post, these presume that the router
> responds to commmands entered, which this one doesn't...any other
> thoughts?

I've experienced similar difficulties using Windows Hyperterm. If
that's what your using, try a different term. emulator. HTH, David