Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > iframes - how do I detect the page of origin?

iframes - how do I detect the page of origin?

damezumari

I want to put an iframe with src file A (a php file) on page B. If
somebody copies the iframe tag to page C how can I detect that the
request does not come from page B in my code in A?

Regards,

Jan Nordgreen

Travis Newbury

On Nov 5, 11:29 am, damezumari <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to put an iframe with src file A (a php file) on page B. If
> somebody copies the iframe tag to page C how can I detect that the
> request does not come from page B in my code in A?

Are A&B owned by you and you want to be able to detect if someone is
trying to launch B from their site (C)?

OR

Do you own all three and you want to know if someone is viewing B from
A or C?

damezumari

Case 1. I own A&B, not C.

damezumari

I found the answer:

In php $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] returns which page the iframe sits in.

IFRAMEs show the same page vijay HTML 1 01-10-2006 02:44 PM
Using iFrames on your front page xboxsnippets.com HTML 4 01-26-2005 12:55 AM
iFrames and referencing objects on the rest of the Page John ASP .Net 1 10-16-2004 04:23 AM
Detect if iframes successfully load Remy Sharp Javascript 0 07-24-2003 07:08 AM

Advertisments