Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > httplib.HTTPSConnection with timeout support (pyton 2.5.1)

httplib.HTTPSConnection with timeout support (pyton 2.5.1)

mmomar@gmail.com

Hi,

I am using a HTTPS connection to invoke a cgi-script. I want to use a
timeout between the sending the request and receiving the response, so
what I want to do is when the request is send, the client should wait
for a specified time, drop the connection and then do some thing
else.

I found out that the timout should work on HTTPS connection (python
2.5), and thus tried to use it, but that does not seems to work. The
cgi-script receives the request, do some work, and returns the
response, but not within the "timelimit" the client wants, and the
timeout set for the HTTPS conncetion does not apply at all. Could be
becasue the timeout is only used on the (TCP/IP) connection and not
the request/response communication?

Is there a way to use timeout as the way I want to (between sending
the request and receiving the response)?

Thanks..

/Omar