Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Design Patterns

Design Patterns

Toty Santana

I was wondering how many MCSDs out there know about Design Patterns, and how often they use it.

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFRhbGlhZG9yb3M=?=

Thats a very good question. It's amazing how little reference there is to
design patterns in the the Microsoft curriculum. You could argue that
accrediation is designed to ensure participants understand the underlying
technology and not about coding standards.

On the subject of design patterns does anyone know the name of any good c#
design pattern books. The most readable one I found is Head First design
patterns for Java. I'm suprised a c# version has not yet come out.

Jim Taliadoros (Cantons Consultants)

"Toty Santana" wrote:

> I was wondering how many MCSDs out there know about Design Patterns, and how often they use it

Simon Hart

A good point. Many of the MCAD/MCSD books MS press or otherwise do not demonstrate good design patterns.

The code examples are often one monolithic program. But the reason I bet is the authors want to maintain simplicity.

I have an eXtreme .NET programming book can't remember the author's name now...but this is such example of great design patterns. It's main focus is agile development methodologies, namely TDD and XP.

"Toty Santana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I was wondering how many MCSDs out there know about Design Patterns, and how often they use it.

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFRhbGlhZG9yb3M=?=

Thanks,

Would the author be Neil Roodyn published by Addison-Wesley Professional per
chance?

"Simon Hart" wrote:

> A good point. Many of the MCAD/MCSD books MS press or otherwise do not demonstrate good design patterns.
>
> The code examples are often one monolithic program. But the reason I bet is the authors want to maintain simplicity.
>
> I have an eXtreme .NET programming book can't remember the author's name now...but this is such example of great design patterns. It's main focus is agile development methodologies, namely TDD and XP.
>

> "Toty Santana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was wondering how many MCSDs out there know about Design Patterns, and how often they use it

Simon Hart

Ahh, that's it, it's a great book. I learned alot from it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...