Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > MVP's pls help.. 2 PC's not talking... Ack

MVP's pls help.. 2 PC's not talking... Ack

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpYWN0b3I=?=

Hi... two desktops on same home network... One WIRED to Motorola WR850G, the
other wireLESS using Belkin USB adapter. Both get internet connection.
Wireless PC can ping wired PC but gets "you may not have permission" whenever
I try to view workgroup window. The wired can SEE the wireless PC in
workgroup but not ping it, and I get "you may not have permissions" when I
actually try to access wireless resources within workgroup window.

Router seems to be configured just fine. Shows both connected, but IP
addresses, both MAC addresses. Oh, and based on some hints from newsgroups I
added both names and addresses to hosts files and each machine, with no
progress.

Help, help, help. My hair is falling out. Thanks in advance!