Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > all news messages in OE expanded?

Reply
Thread Tools

all news messages in OE expanded?

 
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2007
I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages in outlook
express are expanded. It is for all my news groups.

I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any option or fix to
collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this and know how to fix it?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jan B
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2007
Extra Options and then probably Read.
"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages in
>outlook express are expanded. It is for all my news groups.
>
> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any option or fix
> to collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this and know how to fix it?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sunny
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
And take the tick out of "Automatically expand grouped messages"

"Jan B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:472e5350$0$227$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Extra Options and then probably Read.
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages in outlook
>>express are expanded. It is for all my news groups.
>>
>> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any option or fix to
>> collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this and know how to fix it?
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
ded
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages in outlook
>express are expanded. It is for all my news groups.
>
> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any option or fix to
> collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this and know how to fix it?
>


Tools>Options>read
UNtick the option: "Automatically Expand Grouped Messages"
Click "Apply" then "OK" button


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
THANKS!!

"ded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fglnf6$knh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages in outlook
>>express are expanded. It is for all my news groups.
>>
>> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any option or fix to
>> collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this and know how to fix it?
>>

>
> Tools>Options>read
> UNtick the option: "Automatically Expand Grouped Messages"
> Click "Apply" then "OK" button
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
Thank you all! I was looking all over options for news specific settings
only!

aloha!

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5itXi.8759$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And take the tick out of "Automatically expand grouped messages"
>
> "Jan B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:472e5350$0$227$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>> Extra Options and then probably Read.
>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>> news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages in outlook
>>>express are expanded. It is for all my news groups.
>>>
>>> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any option or fix to
>>> collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this and know how to fix it?
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
samuel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:472e6381$0$5002$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you all! I was looking all over options for news
> specific settings only!
>
> aloha!


are you in college ?


>
> "Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5itXi.8759$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And take the tick out of "Automatically expand grouped
>> messages"
>>
>> "Jan B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:472e5350$0$227$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>>> Extra Options and then probably Read.
>>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>>> news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages
>>>>in outlook express are expanded. It is for all my news
>>>>groups.
>>>>
>>>> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any
>>>> option or fix to collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this
>>>> and know how to fix it?
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
No, why?

"samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:472e82e3$0$6125$(E-Mail Removed) news.net...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:472e6381$0$5002$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Thank you all! I was looking all over options for news
>> specific settings only!
>>
>> aloha!

>
> are you in college ?
>
>
>>
>> "Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:5itXi.8759$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> And take the tick out of "Automatically expand grouped
>>> messages"
>>>
>>> "Jan B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:472e5350$0$227$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>>>> Extra Options and then probably Read.
>>>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>>>> news:472e52c4$0$20582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>>I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Now all my news messages
>>>>>in outlook express are expanded. It is for all my news
>>>>>groups.
>>>>>
>>>>> I've looked all over OE and googled but cant find any
>>>>> option or fix to collapse them all. Anyone ever seen this
>>>>> and know how to fix it?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
samuel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:472ee650$0$11488$(E-Mail Removed):

> "samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:472e82e3$0$6125$(E-Mail Removed) news.net...
>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:472e6381$0$5002$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Thank you all! I was looking all over options for news
>>> specific settings only!
>>>
>>> aloha!

>>
>> are you in college ?


> No, why?


I thought you were sorry just curious
thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2007
Are you in college?

"samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:472f0d94$0$7569$(E-Mail Removed) news.net...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:472ee650$0$11488$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> "samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:472e82e3$0$6125$(E-Mail Removed) news.net...
>>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:472e6381$0$5002$(E-Mail Removed):
>>>
>>>> Thank you all! I was looking all over options for news
>>>> specific settings only!
>>>>
>>>> aloha!
>>>
>>> are you in college ?

>
>> No, why?

>
> I thought you were sorry just curious
> thanks



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
There are no more messages on this topic. All messages in this topic may have expired or been deleted Coach 02 Computer Support 1 03-12-2007 03:44 PM
All news in bigest news portal alaten76 ASP .Net 0 11-02-2006 11:19 AM
News.individual.net not giving me all messages Aussie Bomber Computer Support 42 11-20-2004 12:50 AM
will all these messages cause a problem . I am a new subscriber and my computer is downloading 100,000 messages. Will this cause any kind of a problem with my ability to store other items?? Camille White Camille White Computer Support 9 11-08-2004 01:13 AM



Advertisments