Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Making pictures smaller.

Making pictures smaller.

Leopold

Please somebody, help!

I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
Support Centre advice.

Leopold

Evan Platt

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:47:39 -0000, "Leopold"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Please somebody, help!
>
>I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
>since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
>automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
>Support Centre advice.

And how did you make them smaller before?

Any photo editing program will do the trick.

ChairMan

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Leopold <(E-Mail Removed)>spewed forth:
> Please somebody, help!
>
> I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for
> e-mailing, since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to
> do it automatically, I've tried just about everything including the
> Help and Support Centre advice.
>
> Leopold

Image resizer?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

sittingduck

Leopold wrote:

> I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
> since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
Image resizer might work.

http://www.irfanview.com/
A much better, and more powerful solution.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGNpiUUMjtk crop/resize tutorial using Irfanview

RESIZING LARGE IMAGES USING IRFANVIEW:
http://www.somewhere-in-time.net/tutorial/irfanview/

--
http://improve-usenet.org

JANA

You can left click on any blank place on your desktop, and then press F1 for
help. There is a search prompt at the upper left. There is also a lot of
information that can be searched on the MS site, or doing a simple Google
search.

Below is from Windows Help. Search text used, " photo ".

To send a photo in e-mail

1.. Open My Pictures, and then open the folder containing the photo you
want to send in e-mail.
2.. Click the photo you want to send.
3.. Under File and Folder Tasks, click E-mail this file.
4.. In the Send Pictures via E-mail dialog box, click Make all my pictures
smaller.
Windows makes a smaller photo file and attaches it to an e-mail message
that displays a default subject and text message.

5.. In the To box, type the e-mail address of the person to receive the
picture, change the subject and message text if you want, and then click
Send.
Notes

a.. To open My Pictures, double-click the My Documents icon on your
desktop, and then double-click the My Pictures folder.
b.. Use this procedure for photos of file size greater than 64 kilobytes
(KB). To check the file size of your photo, right-click the file, click
Properties, and look at Size.
c.. To send the photo without reducing the size of the file, click Keep
the original sizes.
d.. To change the settings for the size of the image, click Show more
options.
e.. If you have many pictures to share with others, you can publish them
to the Web instead of sending them in e-mail. For more information, click
Related Topics.
Related Topics

JANA
_____

"Leopold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Please somebody, help!

I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
Support Centre advice.

Leopold

Leopold

Thank you all for taking the trouble of helping me to sort out the problem
of 'Making my Pictures Smaller', In the end however, I managed to resolve it
by carrying out another System Restore
Many thanks again.

Leopold

"Leopold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please somebody, help!
>
> I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
> since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
> automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
> Support Centre advice.
>
> Leopold

ellis_jay

Leopold wrote:
> Please somebody, help!
>
> I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for
> e-mailing, since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to
> do it automatically, I've tried just about everything including the
> Help and Support Centre advice.
>
> Leopold

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html

I use them both.

--
When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

Ellis_Jay

Plato

Leopold wrote:

> I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
> since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
> automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
> Support Centre advice.

Try:

http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
GENERAL TOOLS