Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > RE: How do I change the SSID, Network Key and use MAC filter

RE: How do I change the SSID, Network Key and use MAC filter

=?Utf-8?B?TWVtbw==?=

to do that, use a wired connection to get into your router's settings (most
likely type 192.168.1.1 in the url bar of your browser. check your router's
manual for detailed instructions.)

somewhere on the security/wireless security settings there will be a setting
for the mac filter.

now use ipconfig on your laptop to find your mac address, and enter it into
the mac address list.(make sure its set to allow those on the list, as
sometimes its set to deny)

the ssid will be under the basic settings for the wireless

the network key is under wireless security.

hope that helps