Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Home Will not shutdown but restarts instead

Windows XP Home Will not shutdown but restarts instead

Bob Bob

Hi
This customers' problems started a while back and, when I checked and
did what Microsoft recommends the problem remains.
I noted that there was a yellow warning flag on the Storage Drive for
the Epson photo printer and I figured that was the culprit. Well, no
more yellow flag but the thing still does not power off.
naturally there is and was not a particular incident that happened
about this time so I am here asking for some assistance.

We did an Fdisk and reinstall a few weeks ago for another issue and
the system powered off normally for a while, but then the odd
situation started.

I appreciate any and all notes back.
Thanks
Bob

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Bob Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>This customers' problems started a while back and, when I checked and
>did what Microsoft recommends the problem remains.
>I noted that there was a yellow warning flag on the Storage Drive for
>the Epson photo printer and I figured that was the culprit. Well, no
>more yellow flag but the thing still does not power off.
>naturally there is and was not a particular incident that happened
>about this time so I am here asking for some assistance.
>
>We did an Fdisk and reinstall a few weeks ago for another issue and
>the system powered off normally for a while, but then the odd
>situation started.

This has been asked a lot lately (update problem?) with no real
answer.

Basics, go into your BIOS and disable any wake on settings,

Google: XP Will not shutdown but restarts : http://tinyurl.com/3a5afu
--

Loyal to the end
http://i3.tinypic.com/62n4i02.jpg